Job Title: Social Media and Community Marketer
Location: London, Bristol
Terms: Full Time
Seniority: Entry Level
Salary: up to £30K (experience dependent)
Reporting To: Head of Growth Marketing
Job Functions: Social Media Strategy/Planning, Marketing, Art/Creative
Industry: Health and Wellness
At Yoppie we’re building both digital and physical tools, services and products that enable today’s modern woman to take control of her menstrual health & wellness - with personalised period care, PMS supplements and hormonal skincare. We ultimately envision a world where women feel confident and empowered by their own unique menstrual cycle thanks to the removal of taboos, improved education and access to powerful subscription management tools.
The applicant should be an enthusiastic, dynamic, and highly organised Social Media and Community Marketer. As a key member of Yoppie’s Growth Marketing team, the Social Media and Community Marketer will take charge of developing and delivering against Yoppie’s social media strategy - focusing on increasing brand awareness, engagement, audience growth, building loyal communities and driving traffic via all social media and online communities.
Your core areas of ownership are:
1. Marketing Playbook and will take charge of developing and delivering against Yoppie’s social media strategy. Plan, create and implement a range of creative and educational content with a focus on increasing brand awareness, engagement, audience growth, building loyal communities and driving traffic via all social media and online communities.
2. Community management, respond to customers in a timely manner, monitor, track and report on feedback and online review and sharing the insight with the team. Planning and implementing community initiatives
3. Influencer Marketing, identify and build relationships with prominent influencers and thought leaders. Brainstorm new, creative approaches to influencer campaigns and liaising with the marketing team to create and coordinate marketing strategies that work across different channels
What You’ll Do
- Develop and deliver Yoppie’s social media strategy, setting KPIs relevant to each channel against brand and growth objectives, such as increasing following, engagement metrics and traffic.
- Manage, schedule and execute daily content publication and engagement to drive growth across relevant social media channels
- Produce static and video content across relevant social channels at scale. Implement social media strategy and support ad hoc marketing requirements. Ensuring all content suits any given social media/platform using tools such as: Canva, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Figma, Premier Pro or similar, with support from Yoppie’s design team.
- Attend shoots/events where possible to create compelling BTS content to resonate with Yoppie’s customers and fans
- Support and work with the Marketing and Brand Manager on cross-functional projects such as product launches, campaigns and live events.
- Source and manage social content collaborators to create bespoke assets for channels, in close collaboration with the Influencer Marketing Marketer.
- Manage and be active within Yoppie’s digital community groups to ensure engagement is consistent and the groups are growing.
- Working closely with the Customer Support team, monitor and respond to all comments and reviews on social media and community groups ensuring consistency and brand messaging.
- Find ways to leverage cultural, newsworthy events and insights in our social strategies and tactics to generate engagement on key topics.
- Report on social media insights on a weekly/monthly basis to the wider team, leveraging both qualitative and quantitative data - adjusting Yoppie’s social media tactics accordingly.
- Monitor and report on competitor activity and relevant social media trends, events and opportunities to appropriate teams.
- Audit and promote tools and technology to help scale and grow social media’s performance.
Who You Are
- you live and breathe social media and have a natural understanding of the social media landscape and its trends. AKA you’re constantly attached to devices and have a killer social intuition.
- solid working knowledge of all key social platforms.
- hyper-aware of culture – you are aware of what’s going on across social and in real life.
- enthusiasm for women’s health, self-care, feminism, and new age brands.
- team player: you see your work as part of the team’s overall plan, and within that you’re happy either driving your own project or supporting team members with theirs
- excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate across marketing and creative teams.
- ownership mentality: don't just execute what's asked of you, consider whether it could be done a better way
- a strong appetite to learn and implement new ideas.
- excellent attention to detail - you value getting things right
- keen eye for aesthetics and story - you know what looks good and how to turn salesy messaging into something engaging.
What You Should Have
- 1-2+ years of experience working in a similar role.
- Proficiency across social media platforms
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Immaculate organisation and attention to detail
- Confident working with and communicating to stakeholders across the business including management
- Strong graphic design and video editing skills
What Would Be Nice For You To Have
- Experience in or passion for working in DTC/scale-ups
- Educated in a Marketing related qualification or equivalent.
- A proven track record managing and growing social media accounts for a lifestyle brand and building engaged communities
This role offers a great opportunity to be involved as an influential early team member in one of the fastest-growing femtech businesses in Europe (and soon the world!).
We offer a flexible and fun approach to work, with in-person and remote work blending seamlessly as required.
We want to help you get wherever it is you want to go...