Adzuna is a job search engine that lists every job, everywhere. From its launch in the UK in 2011, we now have more than 10 million visitors a month and are busy conquering the world from our office in West London, helping millions of people find better, more fulfilling jobs.
Adzuna’s success to date has been down to the skills, hard work and determination of the brilliant and diverse group of people we have hired across the globe. Right now, we're seeking an Italian Country Manager to lead the continuing fast growth of Adzuna in Italy. This is an incredible opportunity to take our ambitious 2021 plans to the next level by taking ownership of the Italian market supported by our first class team based in our London HQ.
You’ll be joining our diverse international team, reporting to the Regional Manager Emerging Markets. The team will benefit from your experience to date but even more important is the passion you bring to work every day. You will strive for excellence, try new things, inspire and engage those around you and feel ownership of overall company success as well as pride in helping job seekers in Italy find better, more fulfilling careers!
What’s in it for you?
What’s in it for you? Adzuna is a growing scale-up, championing real change in the job market globally - using the power of tech to match people to better, more fulfilling jobs. We’re at a really pivotal time in our journey and it’s an exciting moment to join. We’re growing rapidly in particular on the back of expanding our labour market data offerings and growing year-on-year (and hiring!) despite COVID-19.
Like everyone here, you will act like an owner, be a team player and make a difference. It’s an opportunity to work with a smart team led by experienced management and dedicated and passionate Founders. You have the chance to own your and the company’s growth in terms of:
- Leading our commercial growth and deliver successful recruitment campaigns
- Scaling our partnerships network to grow our jobseeker base and deliver quality applicants to employers
- Take ownership of an existing set of client and partner accounts and work to grow
- these relations
- Lead the Italian marketing activities supported by our central Marketing and Product teams
- Oversee our platform’s Italian site product and content quality
- Be both our internal and external Italian recruitment market expert
We want to realise the next level of success and you will utilise your own skills and experience in building new and existing business relations and understanding of performance pay-per-click advertising models to meet our goals.
It’s not an easy feat, but our aim is to create a business of which we are all proud and an environment where you will love to be, where you can be yourself to do what you do best.
We don’t like to put people in boxes, but you’re likely to be able to demonstrate experience of, or aptitude for some of the below:
- 3+ years of business development, building partnerships and/or sales experience
- Strong commercial understanding of internet marketing/advertising business models (CPC,CPA,CPM etc.)
- Proven ability to grow and maintain a balanced portfolio of clients through new customer acquisition
- Technically adept with ability to liaise closely with Tech/Product teams
- Previous experience and/or knowledge of marketing activities like SEO, SEM, blogging, PR and social media
- Strong numerical skills, able to analyse and optimise performance campaigns
- Fluency in Italian, English and strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent internal and external rapport builder/ people skills, establishing strong relationships
- A well structured work-ethic and ability to prioritise your own and direct reports’ work and the market’s strategic priorities
- The ability to advocate for good ideas regardless of where they come from
It’s a bonus if you have:
- Any additional language skills (for example Spanish)
- Reward: We offer a competitive financial package which includes competitive salary, stock options, a contributory pension scheme and Perks at Work.
- Wellbeing: We take the wellbeing of our employees seriously and have taken every step possible to protect the health and wellbeing of our people during COVID-19. Amongst other things, we offer healthcare through Babylon Health, access to free counselling and a programme of wellbeing activities and events. We have a flexible working policy and during COVID-19, for the foreseeable, no one is expected back in the office unless they choose to attend. We also run regular wellbeing workshops, offer enhanced maternity and paternity leave because we welcome people with families, and 25 days paid holiday per year
- Training: Through our Adzuna Academy training programme, attending (virtual) conferences, team training budgets, individual development plans and coaching from experienced and supportive peers and managers.
- Fun stuff: An environment that is thoughtfully designed to allow for work and play including (when we’re not restricted by COVID-19) a roof terrace, bar and table tennis. We have a packed social calendar, twice annual global team get-togethers and an enviable culture thanks to the amazing and smart people who make Adzuna a great place to work. Much of this is all done remotely at the moment of course - even during COVID-19 we are still managing to have a lot of fun ‘together’ thanks to our great Social Committee.
A bit more about Adzuna
Adzuna is a smarter, more transparent job search engine used by tens of millions of visitors per month. We love using the awesome power of technology to bring together every job in one place, help match people to better, more fulfilling jobs and keep Italy working.
Adzuna.co.uk is a 100 person business operating across 16 territories and was founded in 2011 by Andrew Hunter and Doug Monro, formerly of eBay, Gumtree, Qype and Zoopla.
We are backed by leading Venture Capital firms Passion Capital, LocalGlobe, Index Ventures and Smedvig Capital.
We’ve spent a decade developing smarter, more transparent job search so jobseekers worldwide (we’re in 16 countries) can zero in on the right role faster.
We also supply real-time data to the Number 10 Dashboard and Office for National Statistics labour market indices. In 2018, Adzuna won the contract to run Find a job, one of the British government’s most used online services.
We treat jobseekers as people not as products. We do the same for our team, seeing the diverse range of strengths they bring to our business. Regardless of background, race, gender, sexuality or ability, we welcome everyone to our team. Our people are the most important asset we have.
Please let us know if we need to accommodate a disability during the hiring process, so that we can give you the support you need.