Sojo is one of the leading start-ups in the circular and sustainable fashion space. We’re re-imagining the clothing repair and tailoring industry by bringing technology and convenience to a process unchanged since the 1800’s. We connect customers to local seamsters through our app and bicycle delivery service to ensure that getting your clothes fixed or fitted can be done with a few simple clicks on your phone.
Through making the process of clothing alterations and repairs exceptionally easy, convenient and enjoyable, we plan on bringing it to the mainstream and we hope to be a game changer in making circular fashion and long-lasting clothes the new normal.
We currently only operate in London, but we have big plans to grow to other UK and European cities. We’ve received our first round of investment meaning we’re now backed by some incredible individuals including Simon Beckerman, the founder of Depop. We want to build strong foundations for our DTC model but are also looking to develop our B2B offering by partnering with brands to allow them to offer clothing alterations and repairs to their customers.
This will be a role in which you’ll ultimately be in charge of all marketing activities at Sojo, across all channels. We are looking for someone exceptionally passionate and skilled in marketing to help us share our mission with the world. We want someone who is driven and ready to build a strong, vibrant and impassioned community made up of people who want to be a part of the changing fashion landscape.
We’re still very early-stage and have a lot to learn from our customers and what they’d like to see from us as well as figuring out tone of voice and content strategy and need someone to create strong and effective marketing foundations.
We’d need you to be comfortable with the day-to-day marketing, which will primarily be focussed around the strategy, content creation and management of our social media. However, we’re also looking for someone to develop and drive forward our wider customer acquisition strategy (eg. member-get-member schemes and influencer gifting etc) as well as marketing collaborations for brand partnerships.
Sojo is a fast-paced environment that needs someone capable of tight deadlines, fast turnarounds and can easily respond to the dynamic needs of the company. We want to build a game changing brand that is loved and valued by customers and for that, we need someone who authentically aligns themselves with wanting to change the fashion industry for the better. This role will be a challenging and demanding but also exceptionally meaningful, rewarding and fun at the same time. You will work incredibly closely with our Founder & CEO, Josephine, to ensure that through our marketing strategy, Sojo is delivering as best as it can against its ambitious plans of rapid growth.
You know what you’re doing. It’s highly desirable that you have a relevant degree in Marketing (or a related field) or proven marketing expertise.
You’re a hustler. You may not be the most experienced the room, but you know enough and are willing to work hard to ensure you get the job done well.
You have a strong willingness to learn. We’re a young team that believes in constantly learning and improving ourselves to be able to bring more to the table. We want you to be proactive in reading books, listening to podcasts, attending events or taking courses in order elevate your knowledge in marketing and then implement those learnings at Sojo.
You’re exceptionally organised. You’ll be able to keep everything in meticulous order and will be able to juggle many plates at once.
You can handle all things social media. This means you’re ready for content creation for different platforms, creating and deploying successful social campaigns, data analysis, planning and scheduling, paid advertising and influencer gifting.
You’re personable and have a positive attitude. You’ll need to be great at customer service as you’ll will be expected to handle questions, complaints and comments from our customers and community members on social.
You’re happy to work cross-functionally. We’re a small team of many moving parts and there might be days where you’ll be needed beyond your marketing role. We believe that strong collaboration is key to success and need someone who is ready and willing to help in whatever capacity needed.
Note: applicants from underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged.
The Job Specifics:
- Social media planning & management. Creating imaginative content primarily for Instagram but also Tiktok, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Creating an engaging and informative weekly email newsletter for our community with the aim of building brand value and creating conversions.
- Working closely with Josephine on the company’s high-level marketing strategy and then working to bring those creative ideas to life.
- Helping to develop the brand and tone of voice.
- Deploying our marketing budget effectively to experiment and determine our most successful customer acquisition strategy.
- Regularly audit efficacy of the brand’s marketing spend and strategies across all channels.
- Managing the volunteer writers of our blogs and editing the final entries.
- Leading on the creation of our physical marketing materials (flyers, posters etc).
- Sourcing and liaising with influencers for gifting.
- Organising customer, rider and seamster photoshoots and campaigns.
- Working closely with the community manager to improve the 360 experience of our customers.
What we offer
- A £26-£32k salary depending on experience.
- EMI Equity Share options in the company.
- 28 days paid holiday including 8 statutory bank holidays
- Your birthday as a paid day off-work.
- Flexible working environment – with the option to work from home or our West London studio.
- Pension Scheme.
- We care about our collective ambition to grow, learn and improve ourselves and therefore provide everyone an allowance for self-development.
- A wellbeing allowance for contribution to your selfcare.
- A values-led working environment.
- Involvement in a company with a meaningful impact.
We’d love to hear from you, so please apply with your CV and a cover letter.