Head of Marketing
We’re looking for a Head of Marketing to join our team in Manchester. In this role you’ll report to the CMO and Founder and play a key role in driving the continued growth of our podcast hosting and production operations. You’ll collaborate across departments to create, optimize and manage sustainable and scalable marketing campaigns and practices.
Our ideal candidate is a data-driven, growth focused self-starter, who is able to combine process-oriented thinking and data analysis with creative ideation and strategy development. You love working with a creative and collaborative team, while bringing knowledge and expertise to the table.
Podcast.co is a Manchester-based podcast hosting platform & production house that creates, hosts, and monetizes audio content globally. Since 2017, Podcast.co has been the engine powering audio for thousands of content creators around the world. Fundamentally, we connect creatives with all the tools and support they need to create and market amazing audio that stands out from the noise.
Podcast.co has also created podcasts for globally recognised brands and artists including Roc Nation, Samsung, VICE, DJ Shadow, and more. Driven by a growing team of talented podcast lovers, our aim is to build a flourishing audio content ecosystem that helps push the entire industry forward
Additionally, we operate the MatchMaker.fm platform. It’s a community which connects podcasters with guests and currently has over 40,000 members.
Create, develop, and implement strategies to improve campaigns, streamline funnels, and increase leads.
Review and analyze marketing performance data to spot trends and increase lead generation.
Find ways to use technology to optimize both inbound and outbound marketing processes.
Ability to produce subject lines and email copy that boosts goal conversion rates.
Conducting A/B tests on emails, landing pages and other messaging to increase conversions.
Collaborate with copywriters and designers when needed to build new funnels & campaigns.
Communicating with marketing & software teams to keep automation projects moving forward.
Collaborate with the production department to create press releases and promotional campaigns for high profile clients.
A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
5+ years experience, preferably in the SaaS industry
A strong understanding of consumer psychology and behavior
An understanding and interest in the latest developments in the podcast industry
Flexibility to adapt campaigns and strategies based on incoming performance data
A “think outside the box” creative attitude with careful attention to testing and analytics
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a commitment to collaborate with people
Experience with the following tools and software is essential to be able to perform this role:
- Marketing automation tools; experience with Intercom preferred
- Email marketing & CRM tools e.g. MailChimp, ConvertKit, EngageBay, EmailOctupus
- Using Google Analytics to track site traffic and user flows
- Managing PPC campaigns through Google AdWords, FB and Instagram
- SEO software such a Ahrefs or MOZ
- Social media engagement tools like Later.com or Hootsuite
Throughout COVID-19 we are working remotely for the time being, although our regular office is located in the Northern Quarter, Manchester. We're committed to supporting anyone that joins us mid-pandemic in a way that enables you to onboard smoothly and feel a part of the team. In addition to this we offer:
- Flexitime and remote-friendly
- Startup environment, relaxed, close knit team & flat management
- A learning budget to help with personal/career development
- Friendly, social culture with regular activities & company meals out
- 28 days total annual leave (including public holidays)
- In addition to the above you also get your birthday off.
- Perkbox subscription with monthly freebies, discounts and convenient access to physical and mental healthcare.
- Ride to Work cycle scheme