What We Are Looking For
We are looking for smart and curious Transport Planners keen for a new challenge to join our expanding operations team in Birmingham city centre.
You will be responsible for ensuring that our growing number of full-time contracted drivers are fully productive and delivering great service to our blue-chip customers. You will also need to use your knowledge and ability to identify opportunities for our transporter agent partners that we otherwise might have missed.
We don’t use chase drivers, we don’t use minibuses, and we make sure our drivers receive good rates of pay and benefits. Instead, we use our in-house software platform to plan and distribute our jobs intelligently to drivers, who move around the UK on public transport. Linking up single-leg jobs is therefore critical to our success.
If you like the sound of that challenge, here’s what you’ll need to show us:
- Experience of planning jobs for drivers and/or transport agents and maximising their productivity, or at least some route planning experience
- Highly computer literate and comfortable learning new IT systems. We are a technology-led company and we work exclusively on software and online platforms.
- Desire to embrace change in the logistics industry. We do not want to do things the same way as everyone else in the market.
- Proven attention-to-detail. It is a fast-moving environment and you’ll need to be able to juggle multiple priorities successfully.
- Looking for a full-time career in Birmingham.
- Strong understanding or knowledge of UK public transport routes and connectivity. Our drivers do not use ‘runners’ and get between jobs using public transport, so this is a crucial part of the job.
- Direct experience of managing drivers and/or transport agents via the phone.
- Experience negotiating with and managing transporter agents.
- Desire to work constructively across the business with our in-house systems team to improve our tools, processes and software so that we can grow even more quickly.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Pre-planning the days of our full-time contracted drivers (40% of your week)
- Re-planning and updating plans of our contracted drivers (20%)
- Allocating high-profile work for key customers to our existing transporter agent network, and ensuring the agents perform the work as planned (20%)
- Grouping jobs together and identifying opportunities for transporter agents to move multiple vehicles in one job lot where possible (10%)
- Using this experience to feed back into the Operations Director, identifying and mapping out opportunities (10%) to:
- Improve our software system
- Design our own bespoke planning tools
- Maximise backload opportunities
What Engineius Can Offer You:
- Full time role with a competitive salary, plus company bonus structure.
- Salary will depend on a) experience and b) desire/ability to improve existing tools and systems as well as use them. This means candidates who are passionate about helping us to grow the business, rather than just doing the day job.
- Full training in our processes, systems and all the ongoing help you need in understanding our supplier network from our Network team.
- Normal working hours will be 40 hours per week Monday to Friday, typically in core business hours. We do operate 7:30am-7:30pm but envisage Transport Planners covering 8am-6pm on a shift basis.
- Reporting directly into the Operations Director.
- Working location: we are committed to offering a safe and socially distanced office environment (with great views and coffee!) on Floor 22, Alpha Tower, Queensway, Birmingham, B1 1TT.
- You will be joining a rapidly growing business (250% year-on-year since launch) with all the opportunities for career advancement that entails.