Creating a global network of independent, valuable communities driven by passion.
Disciple empowers brands and creators to build independent communities of true value. We are capitalising on the global trend for citizens, brands and creators to engage in single interest, passion communities alongside social media. This shift is being driven by the online world’s move from an attention economy to a passion economy.
Disciple enables businesses to join the passion economy and creators with passionate communities to build businesses. We do this by allowing our customers to create proprietary community networks that allow their customers, fans, followers to become members of the things in life they are passionate about.
Disciple is a platform for building and managing online, branded networks and communities. All our customers have one thing in common – a shared passion and a desire to nurture their community on a social platform they define and they control.
Designing at Disciple presents an incredible opportunity to work on a white-label community product in a fast-growing industry with massive potential.
Over the next 12 months you will:
- Join a committed cross-functional team and be responsible for every stage of the design process, working collaboratively with product managers, engineers, designers and our QA team to define and solve high impact problems,
- gain deep understanding of the problems we're tackling through working with your team and understanding our customer needs,
- embrace experimentation by testing fast and shipping early to learn and iterate as quickly as possible,
- and help evangelise design thinking, accessibility standards and experience best practices to raise the standards of the design discipline at Disciple.
This is an exciting and demanding role that requires strong organisation and communication skills, focus, energy and passion for what we do and believe in. You absolutely believe in the power of software products to improve our world and keep up to date with new trends, news and ways of creating the best possible product.
You’ll report to our: Head of Design
You will be responsible for:
- Designing captivating user stories for Disciple’s hosts and their community members
- Facilitating and taking part in cross-team workshops
- Exploring our customers’ needs and carrying out empathy mapping
- Prototyping and validating your ideas quickly
- Evangelising a fail-fast company ethos
- Substantiating your proposal for the most intuitive, engaging user flows
- Presenting your investigations, findings and outcomes to the company
- Working seamlessly with the Product and Tech teams
- Helping to develop and maintain Disciple’s design systems
- Creating hi-fi designs when UI specificity is needed
You’ll love this role if you:
- Relish the opportunity to make a big impact on a product with heaps of potential
- Thrive in the ever-changing, fast-paced world of a growing startup
- Deeply care about building wonderful products that solve customer problems
- Have a built-in drive to execute and get things done
- Are excited by technological and societal innovation
- Are hungry to learn, develop and constantly improve your skills
People we’ll love:
- You’re a great product designer (regardless of specific experience or qualifications)
- You can design great user experiences across web and native mobile apps
- You have a good understanding of SaaS products
- You’ve designed using an established design system (such as Material UI)
- You’ve worked with an agile/cross-functional team in the past
In return we’ll offer:
- Competitive salary
- A regularly stocked beer fridge, breakfast bar and fruit bowl
- Fun and friendly working environment in an open plan office
- Collaborative, transparent and fun loving office culture
- The chance to work with a diverse set of customers
- The chance to build a new category of business
*Only applications with a portfolio/link to portfolio attached will be considered