We're a fast-growing SaaS company focused on building the operating system for small accountancy and bookkeeping firms. Our platform helps them collaborate better and stay on top of work & deadlines, work with clients, improve client relationships, and increase visibility and accountability in their firm.
Backed by leading investors, we're just getting started and already making a big impact: our product is loved by thousands of accountants in over 12 countries who rely on it daily to get their jobs done.
To further accelerate our growth we are looking for people who are experts in their field to join our team and help us shape its future.
We are looking for a talented Product Designer to join our team. This is a position for the London office.
As our first full-time product designer, you will reshape our brand and Pixie’s UI and UX, including its visuals, iconography and style guide. You will work in close collaboration with engineering and product.
Your role will evolve as we grow as a team and as a company.
Your responsibilities include:
- Design all key elements of Pixie’s user journeys and features.
- Maintain a comprehensive design system for our product that works across desktop and mobile devices of varying resolutions.
- Rethink our user experience to accommodate our market learnings and support the expansion of our feature set.
- Kickstart the redesign of our brand to make its visual communication consistent across our product, marketing creatives and sales collateral.
- When needed, hire and manage freelancers to deliver marketing/sales creatives.
- Have 7+ years of relevant experience in digital product design, UI and UX.
- Background in designing B2B prosumer/small business software products.
- Demonstrable experience in user research and UX design.
- Willingness to engage with customers, learn about their jobs-to-be-done and incorporate those learnings into Pixie’s UX.
- Although you have expert knowledge of CSS, you keep it simple and write clean styles and HTML markup.
- Ideally, your products will have had plenty of exposure to non-English speaking cultures.
- Strong communication skills and willingness to participate in video calls when needed.
- Native-English speaker.
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in a design-related discipline.
- Salary of £55k-£70k plus 0.15%-0.3% equity
- Collaborative environment where you’ll learn about and influence every aspect of the business
- UK pension scheme
- 30 days of holidays, plus bank holidays and birthdays off
- Discretionary growth budget for learning (eg. books, courses), gym, etc.
- Flexible working policy (eg. working hours, remote vs. office) and holiday breaks
- Plenty of room and support to continue growing professionally
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We consider all applications equally and strongly encourage people from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply.