We’re building the best savings account in the world of the future.
It’s our mission to empower the mobile-first generation to save, invest and build real wealth seamlessly, effortlessly and innovatively.
We’re sick of tradition. We’re tired of doing things the old way; the way our grandparents did it. We’re bored by out-of-date processes designed to fit one type of person.
We want to challenge the idea that only the rich can become richer; that only the experts can understand finance; that only the mogul can find the best returns. Because why should we accept that? Potential isn’t a limited resource. Wealth isn’t either.
We’re kicking down the door on what’s been done, rejecting the hand we’re dealt, and we’re rewriting a new future for wealth management; one where everyone wins. A future defined by automation, machine learning and cutting edge technology.
We're always improving. We’re continually building ways to make saving and investing space easier, more inclusive and, well… not boring. Because when you start to build real savings, the opportunities aren’t boring at all.
Without the worry of savings, you have more time to think big, think about the future. You have freedom. Chip is the future of savings and investing, and we’re not going to stop until the whole world knows it.
Chip is being built by a fast-growing team of designers, developers, customer service professionals, marketers, banking experts, and entrepreneurs, with the backing of more than 11,000 investors and a huge community of Chip savers.
We're growing fast and we have some very exciting plans. We're looking for an Insight Manager to help us make them happen.
Come join the excitement.
We’re looking for a talented and dedicated Insight Manager to lead our Insight team and empower the business, our growth, our product. This will involve evolving our current ecosystems and building and discovering new ways to provide business value / insight both for our customers and business. The challenge includes building world class data capabilities and delivery mechanisms, automating data flows within the business.
The candidate is a real problem solver, and commercial savvy.
What you can expect to be doing:
- You will play a role in producing customer insights for the company
- You will help define new product requirements for the business, as well as automating existing data structures and evolving functional operational and commercial insights and dashboards
- You will work with data stakeholders across the organisation, helping them to understand their data needs and collaborate to provide effective solutions
- You will provide leadership for best practice of use of data, mentoring stakeholders across the organisation on how to understand, use and develop valuable insights
What we’re looking for:
- Proven leadership ability of data team and EQ to deliver value to the business
- Previous experience in the Financial services, customer behavioural modelling industries, and or working in a regulated environment
- Strong change management ethos to build and evolve tools and processes
- Worked and enjoyed working in a fast changing, high energy business
- A strong numerical higher degree in mathematics, scientific, engineering or computer
- science or another related technical discipline.
- Experience with Python, JupyterLab, AWS, SQL, Metabase, Internal BI tools.
- Familiar with data science and machine learning techniques to commercial problems.
- Logistic regression, random forest, gradient boosted trees, neural networks, k-means etc.
What we’re really looking for: ✍️
Although we’re in the financial space, and under the scrutiny that comes with it, the current data team works well together, and even sometimes with a smile. We’re sure you’ve got the technical skills, otherwise you would have stopped reading by now, so let us be clear in what will make us want to work with you.
We want a real person, with interests outside of work, to join our work family. You could be a dancer, a gamer, a musician, a parent, a hockey fan, or even that one person that still writes Twilight fan-fiction. Doesn’t matter to us.
At the interview stages we will be looking for empathy, eq, fun stories, and ability to smile even when things are tough.
- £60,000 - £75,000 per annum dependant on experience
- Discretionary share option bonus every 6 months
- Workplace pension scheme (Employer: 3% / Employee: 4% / Tax Relief: 1% / Total: 8%)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited holiday (28 days contracted + bank holidays + Xmas to New year but policy not to count) ✈️
- Free Classpass membership or gym membership
- Company laptop
- Opportunity to have a huge impact on our product while fast-tracking your knowledge, responsibility and skills in a high growth fintech startup 🚀
Our Interview process: 📖
- Video Screen with someone from our talent team
- Short take home technical task
- Video Interview with hiring manager
- Final Interview with CEO & CMO