🌶 Are you ready to turn ugly into the new sexy?
At the Equal Food Company, we strive to make all food count. We are on a mission to reduce the absurd amount of food that currently goes to waste (50million tons every year in the European Union, more than 45% of all fruits and vegetables).
We deliver misfit (small, crooked, discolored) and surplus fruits and vegetables from farmers straight to our customers’ doorstep. We are based in Lisbon and deliver to several municipalities of the Greater Lisbon Area. Our plan is to expand to Porto before the end of the year. We have grown pretty fast since launching our weekly basket in September 2020, serving over 2000 customers in total. One of the key pillars to further growth and customer satisfaction are our operations, which begin with organizing the freshly arrived produce and ends with a timely delivery of our boxes.
The role in short
We are looking for a highly motivated, energetic operations manager to become another powerful addition to our team. You should be excited about designing new processes, finding creative ways, shortcuts and tools and to optimize them and help us grow into the next stage as you leverage your lean operations skills and experiences.
Skills we are looking for
- Knowledge and experience in managing operations (operations that involve people, service providers, moving parts, etc)
- You should have worked with frameworks that help you optimize operations in a lean and interactive way
- Experience in managing people (can be a small team)
- Solid project management skills that allow you to take on additional projects (e.g. new packaging, business development with new farmers & cooperatives)
- Solid knowledge in Excel, preferred: advanced Excel skills, experience with different software to help you automate and make your and your team’s life easier (e.g. zapier)
- Previous experience in a role requiring rigorous analytical, data-driven problem solving, quantitative analysis, and communication skills
- Minimum: medium to advanced Portuguese skills (to communicate with farmers, drivers, team, etc)
All about mindset
- Entrepreneurial drive: We are looking for someone who loves to build from scratch, is customer-centric and with enough business acumen to understand the role of technology at the core of our overarching strategy
- Rapid testing & iteration: Our team moves incredibly fast and you should be able to plan and execute swiftly. You should be excited about experimenting, figuring out how to get things done yourself and failing fast so that we can continuously improve.
- Impact driven: The reason we are all in this is to help reduce excessive amounts of food waste.
Team & other benefits
- You will be part of a talented and experienced team of entrepreneurs (founders with backgrounds in company building and investment banking), employees and and a of freelance collaborators (intern & assistants)
- Competitive compensation package
- Flexibility to work remotely - 2 to 3 days home office - .
- Weekly supply of the sexiest and ugliest fruits and veggies in town