We are looking for a software developer - someone who can deliver new software solutions to users daily, thrives on problem solving challenges, and is passionate about solving real-world problems.
You will be joining a small, focused team of problem solvers, working directly with our tech-focused founders. That means a company that understands programmers, and knows how to deliver quality software. Being a small team means we can move quickly, and get lots done.
With a ban on admin fees, and a focus on fairness, OpenRent is a force for good in an industry often tarnished by rip-off agencies. With an unrelenting focus on technology, we now let more properties than any other agency in the UK. Operating nationwide, there are over 3.6 million OpenRenters - with tens of millions renting in the UK (and many more abroad!) the opportunity is huge and we continue to grow rapidly, breaking new records every month.
OpenRent is very much of the startup mindset, a close-knit team looking for stellar growth and to transform an industry. When you make a change to the OpenRent code base, you're affecting the real lives of millions of tenants and landlords across the UK - this is a job with a big impact, and big reward.
About The Role
We expect everyone at OpenRent to have a good understanding of product, dive into customer development issues, and come up with simple / novel / unique (whatever fits the requirement) solutions to the problems our users face every day. We're revolutionising the lettings industry, and it takes constant creative thinking and problem solving to do that effectively.
Although we are language-agnostic when looking for candidates, our current tech stack includes:
- C# .NET MVC -> .NET5/.NET6
- SQL Server
- Continuous Deployment
As an engineer, you'll be expected to turn these solutions into code, and not only deliver on the promise of turning a problem into a solution, but into something that seems obvious once it becomes used by millions of people nationwide. Before OpenRent, it was normal to rent a property by visiting the high street, signing paperwork in an office, and paying crazy high fees - not so any more - and now we're working on re-shaping the industry so that in 5 years it's barely recognisable from where we are today.
- Core hire into our development team
- Industry experience preferred
- Become engineer #10, with a huge opportunity to impact how we write code / what we work on
- Opportunity to craft a role to your desire, and make company wide decisions
- Dedicated to the cause of dramatically improving the rental market
Life at OpenRent
- Work alongside supportive, high-performing colleagues
- Monthly team events (like crazy golf, board game nights and karaoke)
- Weekly team lunches
- 24 days holiday
- Pension contribution
- Quarterly Bonus
- Flexible working hours
- In-office massage
- Free office drinks and snacks (open to requests!)
- Weekly yoga sessions
- Ping-pong, darts and football table available in the office
- Work in the bright OpenRent office in Brixton (lots of great lunch options nearby!)
We are looking for superstars (like you!) to join the company, help us take over the industry, and share in our success.