Senior Python Developer
Voyage Control is a delivery management platform used by some of the heavyweight titans in the construction industry as well as events, ports and facilities management and we're currently on the hunt for a development team leader.
The ideal candidate has at least 4 years of experience in building Python and Django applications, including strong working knowledge of the Django framework, strong programming fundamentals, and Python application development and deployment processes.
We are looking for an ambitious senior developer who is capable of working on multiple projects at once and seeing them all through to completion, and a self-starter who is able to work through any obstacles to get the job done.
You’ll be involved in projects from the planning stages through completion and deployment, ensuring that we build things and structure our data in the right way to scale our business effectively. This will include analyzing requirements, scoping and developing features, resolving defects, and deploying code and collaborating with the product team to plan future projects.
You’ll need to be comfortable working both independently and as part of a team, as well as providing support and guidance for our more junior engineers.
We offer a highly competitive salary, support from a talented global team, great benefits, and a high-energy environment with lots of room for personal and professional growth.
What you will be doing
- Leading a small but dedicated development team
- Building exciting new features and products that positively impact hundreds of thousands of users.
- Ensure that the technical integrity and quality of the applications/products is maintained across their lifetime, contributing to the development of any technical changes being proposed.
- Introducing & enforcing coding standards and reviews
- Reviewing code to ensure delivery is fit for purpose.
- Develop a technical understanding of a component or sub-component within an application/product, providing support for technical queries, and issue fixes.
- Providing advice and mentorship to other members of the engineering team.
- Collaborating with the product team in roadmap, project and activity planning, including scoping of new features and defining resource requirements.
- proactively identify problems, gather relevant data, perform root cause analysis, evaluate results, implement best-suited solutions while considering alternatives and implications.
What we need from you
- 1 year senior Python developer experience and 3+ years associate developer or equivalent.
- A demonstrated track record of successfully delivering complex applications that meet demanding performance and scalability goals.
- A good understanding of the following technologies or a willingness to learn - Python, Django, MySQL, Docker, GitHub, AWS, Circle.ci, Firebase, Solr, Angular, NodeJS, MongoDB, RabbitMQ.
- Understanding of docker, containerization, GitHub, etc
- Understanding of Atlassian Jira, Confluence and agile working methodologies.
- A focus on quality and performance in the design and delivery of scalable cloud-based systems.
- Experience in sockets, multi-threading, IPC and FPGA would be highly regarded.
- Ability to live and work in the UK without sponsorship.
Who you are
- You strive for open and honest communication with respect for others
- Professional demeanour and a desire to exceed expectations.
- Desire to learn about new platforms, technologies, be adaptable and share what you learn with your team.
- You have rational opinions, open to debate and compromises where necessary.
- You strive for achievement and making a difference.
- An interest in solving the complex challenges of managing logistics in the industries we facilitate. Any experience working in construction, events, facilities or ports is a bonus.
What we can offer you
- Chance to work in a growing business solving a long-standing challenge in the industries in which we operate.
- A remote-first, work-anywhere environment with flexible working hours
- A great team of ambitious, dedicated people
- The opportunity to progress and grow with the company
- Highly Competitive salary
- Participation in employee management incentive scheme (stock options)
- 20 days paid holiday (plus bank holidays)