LegalTech scale-up looking for a motivated junior hire with a year of experience to manage and improve internal processes in a dynamic, rapidly changing, and friendly environment.
Legatics is one of the world’s leading LegalTech scale-ups. We put users at the heart of our design to provide legal transaction experiences that everybody loves and are on a mission to transform the $600bn market for legal services worldwide. Legatics is an end-to-end transaction management platform focused on efficiency and client experience, transforming traditional paper and email based legal processes into simple and highly automated software that frees lawyers from administrative tasks and improves profitability.
Our customers include some of the world’s top law firms, such as Allen & Overy, Hogan Lovells, Herbert Smith Freehills, Shearman & Sterling and King & Wood Mallesons. Legatics has been used globally on live transactions originating in more than 40 countries.
We are regularly featured in prominent industry publications including Forbes, the Financial Times, The Lawyer, Legal Business, LegalWeek, Legal IT Insider and Artificial Lawyer.
We are looking for someone with a year or more of work experience to start as an operations associate at Legatics. [on part-remote basis working from an office in London a couple days a week.]
Reporting into our Head of Operations, you’ll be part of a fun and supportive team who prioritise open communication and feedback, and work together on tasks across the business.
You’ll collaborate with the wider business to influence and support the continuous improvement of our processes. In other words, you could be looking into any cross-team or team-internal process across the organisation with a view to identifying pain-points, quick wins and longer-term improvements.
You’ll execute the day-to-day operations requirements of the business across a range of functions, including finance (billing customers and managing payroll), HR (onboarding new hires), procurement (sourcing new systems for our teams), and information security (e.g. continued compliance with ISO 27001).
If you’re looking to test and build your skills in a number of different areas – from Excel to building scalable processes, if you want to understand the workings of the business as a whole and collaborate with stakeholders from a variety of teams, this is the role for you.
What you would be doing
- Support the Head of Operation in designing and implementing business processes.
- Ensure all company processes work effectively and help to identify opportunities for continual process improvement and improved efficiency, researching and implementing operational solutions to meet these opportunities.
- Provide general administrative support and research on an ongoing basis.
- Carry out various tasks around onboarding customer onto the Legatics platform
- Supporting with the operational aspects of hiring and onboarding new employees to our teams in England, the Ukraine, and in the future the USA and Asia as we expand geographically.
- Jointly own and run monthly customer billing and employee payroll processes
- Assist with maintaining Legatics’ compliance with its information security certifications.
- Ensure hardware, software and work spaces are meeting business requirements and run procurement projects where there is a need for additional systems.
What we need from you
- A structured approach to problem solving
- A proactive and self-motivated attitude
- A willingness and enthusiasm to take on new tasks and projects and upskill
- The ability to switch between and adapt to a broad range of tasks and responsibilities
- A team player mindset, someone who enjoys working with others and pays attention to how operational decisions will impact other teams and cross-team alignment;
- Strong communication and listening skills
- A right to work in the UK (unfortunately, we are not in a position to support visa sponsorship at this stage); and
- An ability to work from our London office a few days per week;
Bonus points for the following (but don’t worry, these are not essential)
- We value self-motivation and willingness to learn over experience, though 1+ years of experience in a fulltime position is preferred
- Experience working in a start-up or scale-up
- Experience working to improve processes
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Workspace products, in particular Excel and Google Sheets.
What we offer you
- An opportunity to help grow one of the world’s leading LegalTech scale-ups;
- Personal learning & development budget;
- A warm, genuinely collaborative culture and an awesome team;
- Regular virtual (and recently more and more face-to-face) socials;
- 25 days holiday per year;
- Company laptop and WFH set up;
- Pension with NEST;
- Competitive salary depending on experience (£25,000 to £27,000)
Who would you be working with?
You would be working with a welcoming, inclusive and committed team.
Team culture is really important to us. We are looking for someone who is excited to join us as a key employee at this important stage in our growth and who will bring new and exciting perspectives to Legatics. We are a friendly and passionate bunch with a wide range of interests. We love to socialise together too, holding regular team events.
Power in diversity
We put users at the heart of our design to provide legal transaction experiences that everyone loves. In order to make that a reality, we seek to foster a diverse and inclusive working environment that can empower our people to be creative, effective and innovative, to build a brand we are proud of.
How to apply
Please send an email with the subject line “Operations Associate 00024 - [your name]”, a short paragraph setting out your motivations for applying, why you think that you would be a good fit and attaching your CV. If we think you are suited to the role, we will invite you for an initial virtual coffee catch-up to allow you to learn more about the company and the role.
No recruiters please.