At Behaviour Lab, we’re changing the way the world makes investments — but, we can’t do it alone.
We empower asset managers, private equity firms, insurance companies and executive boards across the globe to solve their trickiest problems. Our approach brings together analytics, research, algorithms, and science to help organizations continually improve their decision-making.
Behaviour Lab’s vision is to help transform how the £70 trillion active asset management industry makes their investment decisions through our smart decision-making platform using behaviour science and advanced analytics
We are looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager who can be part of enabling us to do so, and help us in the early stages of developing our decision-making platform to drive performance, enhanced transparency, and data to learn from going forward
If you are a passionate problem solver with a can-do-attitude, driven by being part of a team that is at the forefront of innovation, and wanting to go that extra mile, then we may be just the team for you.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience delivering scalable cloud-based SaaS products, preferably within highly regulated fields such as the fintech B2B space.
- Experience working cross-functionally in a highly integrated team composed of both technical and non-technical members.
- An excellent ability to break down larger tasks into manageable pieces, and the skills needed to organise and structure the pieces to get the job done.
- Experience of delivering software using Agile delivery methodologies is a must (SCRUM/Kanban).
- Excellent communication skills, both in quickly translating product strategy into detailed requirements for development and communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Strong knowledge of engineering best practices and processes such as TDD, code reviews, code refactoring, branch management and CI/CD practices is highly desirable.
What the job involves
- Assist in creating and managing the product roadmap and strategy documentation that describe business cases, high-level use cases, technical requirements, etc. to support forward planning.
- Working closely with the founder and wider team to scope out and ensure that requirements are understood at all levels to get high quality features through the project lifecycle with minimal disruptions.
- Collaborate closely with the engineering teams and cross-functionally with the client delivery team on the development, and release of product features.
- Take responsibility for release schedules and milestones, providing the hands-on project management and coordination required to maintain high velocity in a fast-changing environment.
- Coordinate and manage dependencies across teams, balancing resources to ensure successful delivery within project timelines.
- Coordinate with external stakeholders on co-development projects and maintain relationships with third party data providers.
- Regularly present new product plans, demos, competitive reviews and more to the leadership team.
Our Tech Stack
We use a range of technologies in our stack across the front-end and back-end. We use:
- Python for our data analysis to identify investment decision making patterns.
- Django & Celery as a Python web-framework incorporating a task queue/job queue based on distributed message passing
- A mix of relational and object store database technologies
- A continuous deployment process based on bitbucket pipelines
How do we know you're the perfect match?
- You’re passionate about innovation
- You enjoy highly collaborative work
- You thrive in a constantly evolving environment and challenging problems.
- You’re highly organised and love getting things done.
- You’re a really good finisher, as well as a self-starter.
- The opportunity to be part of building and shaping the culture of company focusing on a highly innovative space within the investment industry.
- Potential to where you can instantly see the impact you have on your clients. performance, and where you are really changing the way investment decisions are made.
- A chance to learn from a group of individuals with world leading experiences across investment classes, change management and behavioural science.
- Great office in central London with a gym and wonderful rooftop.
- Private health insurance.
- A competitive salary, option plan and performance-based bonus.
- This is a full-time role
- Open to visa sponsorship
- Option to work remote up to 3 days a week.