We are a fast-growing team on a mission to reimagine the analytical workflow and make data accessible to all. Count is a collaborative data analysis platform built around notebooks. It gives data teams the perfect workflow for SQL analysis, letting them get more from their data and publish their results as beautiful, interactive data apps that allow faster, more informed decision-making.
We launched in beta earlier this year and we're now looking for talented individuals to help us shape the direction of all areas of the business. Come and build the future of analytics with us!
What you'll do
We're looking for an enthusiastic data practitioner to lead our community of data analysts. As our first community hire you will be the "face" of Count to our new and existing users.
You'll be primarily responsible for creating content that inspires and educates our users about everything Count can do, but you'll also work closely with our users to make them active participants in our journey, helping us shape our product roadmap and spreading the word to others.
To do this you'll need to become deeply ingrained in the wider data analytics community, able to empathise with our users as well as able to produce best-in-class content that excites our users and shows the best of what Count has to offer. You'll also have a huge influence on other areas of the business, particularly in product and marketing alongside helping us build a fantastic company culture.
In particular, you'll be responsible for:
- Establishing and growing our user community and curating a platform and pipeline of content to make it a thriving and valuable place for our users
- Creating training resources and best-practice examples to inspire and educate our users in all the things Count can do
- Creating a pipeline of high-quality resources to engage the wider analyst community, helping them improve their SQL knowledge, analytical skills, and drive wider awareness of Count in the data analysis sector.
- Supporting the product roadmap by engaging users on customer support issues and feature requests.
This is a role with a broad scope to shape how we sell and position Count in the market. We're looking for someone to take this role and run with it and we're keen to hear from candidates with a range of different experiences and seniorities. The most important thing is that you have an infectious enthusiasm for data and a passion for making it more accessible.
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Live +/- 5 hours from London (Europe, Eastern US & Canada or South America)
- Have 3+ years working as a data analyst, consultant, community manager, or educator with deep knowledge of SQL and other analytical tools and languages
- Have experience engaging and ideally growing technical communities on social platforms
- Enjoy writing about analytical concepts, for example blog posts and/or creating educational material
- Have excellent analytical skills with an eye for good visualisation design
- Love to take on a challenge, learn new skills and support people around you to grow
- Love all things data!
Our interview process will cover:
- An initial conversation so you can ask any questions you have about Count and we can learn more about your experience and interests
- A working session with our team, where we'll tackle a current community challenge to give both of us a sense for how we like to work
- A final meeting with our founders
The working session and final meeting will take place either virtually or in London, depending on where you're based.
Life at Count
Count is a fully remote company, but despite that we're all pretty close. Our work is important to us, and we know we work best when we actively maintain a good work-life balance. The team is currently based all over the UK but we are looking for others to join us from anywhere in Europe or the eastern United States.
We're backed by some of Europe's best investors allowing us to offer a competitive employment package. Some of the benefits of working at Count include:
- Competitive salary, pension and share options
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days of holiday (plus public holidays)
- Private health care
- Generous parental leave
- An annual working from home allowance and personal development budget
- Quarterly meetups with the team to relax and brainstorm, each time in a different city
We're committed to building a diverse team. Whatever your race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability, we want to hear from you.
If you're unsure whether to apply (or just want to ask a question) please get in touch.