Please note: due to the high volume of applicants we will not consider generic applications that do not include a cover letter (more info. at end of ad).
Who we are:
At Pasta Evangelists, we deliver fresh pasta dishes of restaurant quality across the UK. We provide our customers with fresh, handmade pasta, the finest sauces & beautiful garnishes from Italy, inviting them to prepare a 5* pasta dish in the comfort of their own home.
With the hard work taken care of by our Italian chefs, all our customers need to do is boil the pasta and heat up the sauce… e buon appetito, a Michelin-starred quality meal in minutes! And whilst we're mainly an online business, selling our pasta through our website, Pasta Evangelists also has a partnership with Harrods, Marks and Spencer and our Dark Kitchen arm of the business is growing extremely quickly!
Our mission is clear, loud and simple: we want to be THE authority in fresh, artisan pasta. And it’s a booming market! As a category, pasta is worth £3.8bn in the UK alone, and we are the only company disrupting it! Pasta Evangelists is one of the fastest-growing startups in the UK.
- You are very metrics driven and have a proven track record of driving cost improvements and growth in a scalable way.
- You live and breathe providing a world class customer experience and can demonstrate this throughout your career.
- You have at least 2 years’ experience of owning a logistics operation including managing cost effective routing and self employed drivers
- You can demonstrate continuous process improvement!
- You love managing teams and people!
- You’ve worked in a fast-paced operational or start-up environment before, and understand how important being both proactive and reactive is for success
- You don’t turn a blind eye to issues, but instead you jump on them and have a strong desire to solve them
- You are hugely detail oriented and don’t ever cut corners
- You are highly proficient in using tools such as Excel and Google Sheets
- You love working in a start-up team!
- …...A pasta lover!
What you'll do:
- Join our evolving Pasta Evangelists logistics team as our London manager, helping to feed the nation!
- Day-to-day responsibility for ensuring all of Pasta Evangelists London services run smoothly.
- Organise and execute 300 - 600 jobs per day to 16 plus riders
- Assist with a number of key administrative processes e.g. Driver pay and driver remittance.
This is a full time role. You will own the logistics schedule, running the daily London delivery team and following up with our logistics partners.
- Develop a confident and strong relationship with our drivers and carriers.
- This is a hands on operations role out of our central production unit in Kings Cross.
- Owning ad-hoc improvement tasks and projects.
What we can offer:
- Join a dynamic team in a key full time role, reporting directly in to our Logistics Manager
- Regular team socials and pasta tastings, as well as occasional trips to ''il bel paese''...
- Cycle to work scheme, perks discounts
- A beautiful office near Granary Square, Kings Cross
- Prorated 25 days of paid annual leave (plus bank holidays!)
- Competitive salary
Please apply with:
- A copy of your CV
- A short cover letter (2 paragraphs) noting why you're interested in a Logistics role in Pasta Evangelists, as well as the key successes in your career to date
Please note: due to the high volume of applicants we will not consider generic applications that do not include the above.