Strictly no agencies. Really. No agencies at all, whatsoever. Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
The Kobas team provides Software-as-a-Service to the hospitality industry, transforming operational routines from dull, spreadsheet-based grind to quick, point-and-click management, across four core product pillars: EPoS, Operations, Staffing, and Customer Engagement. Our software helps businesses process millions of pounds of sales each year. We unite with our clients so that they can benefit from our industry-leading technology, as well as ensuring that best practices can be followed, sharing knowledge amongst our clients, providing insight, and achieving maximum ROI.
90 second video explainer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFTZxJ5SFJ0
About the role
We are currently searching for an EPoS Technician to join the Kobas Client Services team. Reporting to the Client Services Manager, this role will co-own and manage all hardware support elements of the Kobas business. EPoS Technicians work across the Sales, Implementation and Client Services teams to deliver competent and robust EPoS solutions and support.
Kobas is staffed by a fully-remote, cross-functional team of experts in software engineering, DevOps, hospitality management and EPoS hardware. We have worked in a distributed manner for several years and we know how to make that work properly. We work flexibly and have team members across the UK, and in Romania. This role is remote, but we are looking for applicants able to get into London when needed.
What you will need:
- You are well-organised and excited about working in a fast-paced environment.
- You have excellent communication skills and are able to work closely with a diverse range of people and teams.
- You are able to work flexibly including evenings, weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis.
- You will be proficient on the Linux command line, preferably with RHEL/CentOS experience.
- You’ll have a solid understanding of network security and LAN configurations in general, including network segments, CIDR, DHCP etc.
- You’ll have experience configuring domestic and commercial network routers.
- You’ll need to be able to assemble and crimp RJ11 / RJ45 connectors.
- You are familiar with common EPoS hardware and connections – you’ll know your cash drawer from your printer etc.
What we would love to see:
- Experience building and maintaining CentOS machines.
- Experience with EPoS systems.
- A full UK driving licence, with the confidence to travel long distances and navigate busy urban streets.
- Basic SQL knowledge.
- Experience in the hospitality industry.
What you will be doing:
- Carrying out site surveys and audits.
- Investigate fault trends.
- Service and install a wide range of EPoS equipment.
- Assist the Implementation team with remote upgrades and on-site installations where required.
- Maintain appropriate internal records on all Kobas EPoS venues and equipment in them.
- Manage the RMA process.
- Assist Client Services on any hardware or network related support issues within agreed SLAs.
- Liaise with the Implementation Team to ensure we hold an appropriate amount of EPoS stock in the business.
- Provide first and second line support across all Kobas services where needed.
- £25,000-£30,000 basic salary, dependent on experience. Salary is reviewed annually.
- Remote-first ethos, with optional offices if you prefer. Must be able to commute into London when required to assist in client venues there.
- We work flexibly around usual UK office hours, allowing you to put yourself and your family first. You’ll need to be available for on-call on a rota basis, permitting more flexibility during usual working hours.
- 21 days annual leave plus bank holidays and annual increments with service.
- Workplace pension scheme.
- An employee assistance program provided by healthassured.org
- The role is permanent, subject to success in a 3-month probation period.
If you are still reading, then you should apply! Please get in contact (firstname.lastname@example.org) and send along a covering letter and CV, or whatever else you have that you think will show off your skills in the best way.
Strictly no recruitment agencies. You must have the right to work in the UK.