Whirli is an exciting consumer start-up providing a subscription based sharing economy for children's toys.
We provide parents with a more affordable and sustainable alternative to buying toys. Since our launch in 2018 we have seen incredible growth and have raised a substantial £4m in our seed round funding at the end of 2020.
We are a fun, hard working team of around 50 people and growing rapidly, 15 of which are 'office' based in Aldgate (London), though remote working has become very normal. The rest of the team are based in our warehouse in Rainham, Kent.
A bit about the role
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate Content and Community manager to establish this new function within our business. An ideal candidate would have experience in both content and community, but we can also consider candidates who have very strong experience in either only.
Community - our ideal candidate
You know how to build strong online and offline communities. You will identify where our customers hangout and you know what it takes to engage them.
You will work with our CRM team to understand our customer advocates and promoters. People who love what we do and want to share this with others.
You will establish and run our Brand Ambassador program, engaging people both online and in local communities to promote Whirli and drive subscription sign ups. You will produce a content framework that will keep our brand ambassadors motivated and inspired to continue to reach out to new potential customers, and assist with both digital and physical assets that help them to promote our brand.
You will be responsible for measuring the success of your efforts, tracking community engagement, number of participants, number of referrals, and other metrics that ultimately drive people to sign up to Whirli.
Content - our ideal candidate
You’ll be responsible for the strategy, creation, distribution and measurement of brilliant content that gets us noticed.
You will care deeply about understanding our customers so you create content that delights them. You will be able to develop a process and measure feedback so that you can test, learn and scale quickly.
You have experience writing great SEO content, blogs and articles. You also understand and can realise the power of podcasts, reaching new audiences and inviting them to consider, engage and sign up to Whirli.
You understand what it takes to make good written, visual and video content, and even if you are not experienced at video editing, designing or creating yourself, you know how to commission good content from other content creators in an affordable and effective way.
You are a great storyteller, innately understand our brand and understand what types of content engages and excites, turning observers into brand advocates.
You will build process and measurement into everything you do to understand if the content you produce / commission drives awareness, consideration and sign ups.
Who you are
- You will have 3 - 5+ years experience as a content / community manager in an established start-up / consumer-tech company
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the power to engage and motivate
- Experience in building online and/or offline communities
- Understand content strategy and how to identify, create, disseminate and measure content that drives signups and can be scaled
- Be a self-starter, able to set up a new function within an early stage start-up
- Data driven and process orientated
- Someone with an eye for good design and someone who knows how important good design is to attract and engage an audience
What we offer
- Salary c. £40-50k dependent on experience
- Share options
- Flexible working arrangements to mix in-office (Aldgate/Liverpool Street) with remote, depending on individual preference and circumstance.
- A diverse, hard working and friendly team with regular organised and informal social events.
- All the tools and equipment you’ll need.
Interested applicants will need to submit their CV, join a short Zoom interview and if invited attend a longer office-based interview. They should be available to start within 1 month of being made an offer.