Technology, academia and venture capital have collided to create enormous value in the last 50 years. But many people and problems have been left behind.
We are aiming to solve this.
Our first product makes launching investment syndicates cheaper and easier than ever before, empowering individuals and communities globally to build and invest in things they believe in.
We founded Odin in September 2020 and recently closed a pre-seed round with Operator Exchange, Haatch Ventures, and angels like Kirsten Connell (VP Octopus Ventures, ex-GM Seedcamp), Björn Wagner (co-founder of Parity and Polkadot), Sarah Drinkwater (Atomico Angel), Matt Penneycard (co-founder of Ada Ventures), Jimmy Furland (exited founder, early investor in Bitpay and Kraken), and many more amazing founders, operators and VC's (as angels) from the European venture ecosystem and further afield.
Let's give everyone a stake in the future.
- This is one of our first, key hires. You will have significant impact on all aspects of the company, and be responsible for all things design and UX related, reporting directly to the founders.
- Talk to users (founders, operators, investors) to understand their needs and get feedback on your designs/prototypes.
- Design core elements of the user interface and user experience.
- Work alongside the content marketing team on special ad hoc projects.
- Occasionally help with designing marketing materials.
- Mentorship from Odin investor Jelle Prins, ex head of product design at Uber.
- Curious, fast learner, creative, open-minded.
- Excellent communication skills.
- 3+ years as UX/UI designer in a commercial environment.
- Can create delightful user experiences that are simple as well as beautiful. Bonus points if you can make a product fun to use.
- Good attention to detail, stickler for simplicity.
- Experience wireframing, building prototypes (using Figma/Framer), conducting user interviews, getting feedback from users, designing for mobile (this could be in side projects).
Working at Odin
- Work from home We've been remote from day one. We prefer people within a one-hour time difference from London.
- Flexible hours We care about results, and treat you like an adult.
- Generous options package You need skin in the game!
- Transparency and radical candor We value honest feedback delivered with kindness. If you think something is wrong or could be done better, speak up.
- Ownership Every team member holds sole responsibility for specific areas of the business.
- Kindness Be good to each other. No dickheads allowed! This goes for customers too.
- Autonomy We aren't here to order each other around, we are here to cooperate and get things done. As long as the work is delivered on time, we don't care when or how you do it.
- Commitment Work hard, get sht done.*
- Trust We trust you and back you to make decisions. If you mess things up, don't worry, this is part of the process.
- Have fun!
- Salary range: £45k - £70k.
- Options: Up to 1.5%.
- Apply by email. Please include your design portfolio and motivations for applying.
- Introductory call with one of the co-founders.
- 2nd call with a small test.
- Paid task (one day or one week, depending on your availability).
- Call with the other co-founder.