We’re building the best savings account in the world of the future.
It’s our mission to empower the mobile-first generation to save, invest and build real wealth seamlessly, effortlessly and innovatively.
We’re sick of tradition. We’re tired of doing things the old way; the way our grandparents did it. We’re bored by out-of-date processes designed to fit one type of person.
We want to challenge the idea that only the rich can become richer; that only the experts can understand finance; that only the mogul can find the best returns. Because why should we accept that? Potential isn’t a limited resource. Wealth isn’t either.
We’re kicking down the door on what’s been done, rejecting the hand we’re dealt, and we’re rewriting a new future for wealth management; one where everyone wins. A future defined by automation, machine learning and cutting edge technology.
We're always improving. We’re continually building ways to make saving and investing space easier, more inclusive and, well… not boring. Because when you start to build real savings, the opportunities aren’t boring at all.
Without the worry of savings, you have more time to think big, think about the future. You have freedom. Chip is the future of savings and investing, and we’re not going to stop until the whole world knows it.
Chip is being built by a fast-growing team of designers, developers, customer service professionals, marketers, banking experts, and entrepreneurs, with the backing of more than 11,000 investors and a huge community of Chip savers.
We're growing fast and we have some very exciting plans. We're looking for a Data Engineer to help us make them happen.
Come join the excitement.
Good data should be the heart of any business and here at Chip we're striving for excellent data to empower us to make excellent decisions. Working alongside our engineering team we are looking to find a Data Engineer to help us collect, transform and store and serve that data across all sectors of the business.
We collect a lot of important data from all aspects of our business and we need engineers to help us write tools to ensure that data is accurate and consistent. Using any and all tools and languages necessary to give us the power to do everything from lending decisions to deciding which features we should develop.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Develop robust ETL pipelines and automated processes for ingesting and processing data
- Developing, managing and extending data warehouse and data models to provide a robust foundation for internal reporting.
- Ensure best practices are followed with regard to security and infrastructure
- Creating and maintaining relevant documentation
- Spot opportunities for improvement on data engineering and business intelligence best practices
- Advise on data modelling and reporting best practice
- Working with the engineering team to ensure application design accommodates reporting and analytics requirements
What we’re really looking for
- Advanced level knowledge of SQL and/or experience managing Data Warehouses
- Knowledge of AWS and GCP cloud platforms
- Confident getting hands-on with Python to process data and automate processes
- Confident interacting with Databases and web APIs and processing data
- Good understanding of reporting and data modelling best practices
- Good written and verbal communication skills and an ability to translate problems into technical requirements and implement a solution.
- Take requirements from someone non-technically minded, implement the solution and then explain your solution to a software engineer
- Experience with Apache Spark disable
- Work within the Data team reporting to the Head of Data Engineering
What we’re really looking for: ✍️
Although we’re in the financial space, and under the scrutiny that comes with it, the current engineering team works well together, and even sometimes with a smile. We’re sure you’ve got the technical skills, otherwise you would have stopped reading by now, so let us be clear in what will make us want to work with you.
We want a real person, with interests outside of code, to join our team. You could be a dancer, a gamer, a musician, a parent, a hockey fan, or even that one person that still writes Twilight fan-fiction. Doesn’t matter to us. At the interview stages will be looking for empathy, eq, fun stories, and ability to smile even when things are tough. Code monkeys need not apply.
- £45,000 - £65,000 per annum dependant on experience
- Discretionary share option bonus every 6 months
- Workplace pension scheme (Employer: 3% / Employee: 4% / Tax Relief: 1% / Total: 8%)
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited holiday (28 days contracted but policy not to count) ✈️
- Personal Learning Allowance
- Company laptop
- Opportunity to have a huge impact on our product while fast-tracking your knowledge, responsibility and skills in a high growth fintech startup 🚀
Our Interview process: 📖
- Video Screen with someone from our Talent team
- 2hr tech pairing interview with hiring manager
- Final Interview with HR
Note to Agencies
Chip does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to any of our live roles on our career page. Chip will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee relating to these unsolicited CVs. Chip explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Chip.