Motorway is the UK’s fastest-growing used car marketplace. We’re disrupting a decades old industry by helping private car owners sell their car for the best possible price through an online platform of car dealers.
Our innovative, online, product-led approach has redefined the experience of selling a car, generating thousands of monthly sales and helping us to grow to a team of over 200 across 3 locations.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing scale-up, build amazing products, and change an industry.
About the role
Are you a technology leader and want to work for a technology-led company that is transforming an industry? Do you enjoy working in a flexible, agile environment, with core values of transparency, trust and continuous improvement, where people are first and core to how we build software?
At Motorway, individuals and teams are given the freedom and remit to set themselves up for success.
Our team culture is focussed on collaboration, and while we build primarily on node.js with a React Front End, any Engineering Manager from a technical background is welcome to apply.
Our Engineering department is going through a rapid phase of growth, and this is a great opportunity where you can shape the growing culture. Are you focussed on getting things done and putting your colleagues first? We truly live our core values of drive to win, accountability, bravery and humility.
We encourage you to apply, even if you might not meet all the requirements. You’ll be directly reporting to the Director of Engineering.
What you’ll do
- Lead 1-2 cross-functional agile teams of engineering to develop, test and deliver high quality software using agile principles and methodologies
- Mentor and promote career growth by providing feedback, learning & development opportunities to your team
- Oversee the design, development, testing and release of features using engineering best practices
- Serve as a technology leader with a strong focus on quality, performance, reliability, scalability & maintainability
- Own the delivery and quality of what your teams produce
- Work closely with Product Managers, in a partnership, to build the roadmaps that the teams will deliver against
- Instil excellence and continuously improve the processes, methodologies, standards and technology choices embraced by the team
- Capturing metrics and reporting to help guide continuous improvement.
- Drive design and planning activities by removing ambiguities, resolving dependent question and providing high level engineering estimates