Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future of retail is local. There are over 1M independent retailers in the U.S. and Canada doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of technology and data to connect a growing community of over 150,000 brands and independent retailers around the world. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products to sell in their stores. By empowering entrepreneurs with the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses can compete with big box and e-commerce giants. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours!
About this role
As a Country Lead within the Business Operations team, you will seek a variety of strategic, analytical, and operational projects to drive growth for our business. You will focus exclusively on 1 country or a set of countries and will be responsible for the success of Faire in the area.
You’ll have the chance to lead critical projects end-to-end covering strategic planning and analysis, making strategic recommendations, and working cross-functionally with Product, Sales, Operations, Marketing, and Finance, etc. on implementation.
This is an ideal role for someone who wants to work as a high-impact individual contributor in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, and data-driven environment and have the opportunity to work closely with Faire’s leadership team and to partner with a variety of functions to drive impact in your territory. This is an opportunity to join a highly collaborative and data-driven team and play an integral role within a hyper-growth startup!
What you’ll do
- Build expertise across all relevant topics needed to launch and grow your country (eg local payments, competitive landscape, local marketing tactics, etc)
- Identify issues, develop hypotheses, and execute in-depth analyses to translate data into meaningful insights and make recommendations to Faire’s leadership team based on your findings
- Enable our organization to continue to be highly data-driven as we scale by performing ad hoc analyses, conducting research, and building reports and KPI dashboards for real-time monitoring of performance
- Partner with Product and other central teams to implement strategic plan
- Provide central operations with strategic & competitive intelligence
- Run market and user research to continuously improve market knowledge
- Own localization and copywriting quality in own language
- Partner with Sales team to ensure it’s focused on best segment
- Be part of the global Business Operations team
- Strong experience (minimum >8 years) in leading complex projects across consulting, investment banking, private equity, business operations, and/or business analytics
- You are highly analytical and can execute on complex analyses, define KPIs, size opportunity areas, and measure and report on performance across the business
- Ability to flex between strategic, analytical and operational aspects of the job
- You can think across multiple dimensions of a business (sales, product, marketing etc.) and work cross-functionally to deliver results
- Resourceful and happy to roll up your sleeves to get any job done
- You want to work in a fast-paced environment with constant change
- Knowledge of SQL strongly preferred
- Marketplace experience and Geo expansion
- Speaks fluently either French, German, Italian, or Spanish (in addition to English)
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of over 100,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision-making, and reason from a first-principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.