Route Reports is a fast growing transport technology company. We develop transport and infrastructure data analytics and operational intelligence platforms. Our customers include large transport and infrastructure organisations, including Network Rail, GTR, TfL and many more. Our solutions focus on giving our customers the information they need to operate more efficiently.
Route Reports is using hardware and software to revolutionise how transport and infrastructure companies operate. This includes making trains run more reliably by analysing train and track data and keeping roads safer by analysing and automatically reporting road defects.
We are a remote-first company but we have flexible office space for those who need it.
We are looking for a full-stack engineer to help develop our transport analytics software. Our platforms are a core selling point of our product, and include interesting geo-spatial, time-series and video analysis features that give us a significant competitive advantage in the industries we work in. This role would be able to directly influence the ongoing success of the product.
- Develop web apps that leverage our machine learning and computer vision-based insights hosted on the AWS platform.
- Work alongside Product Managers, Data Scientists and Data Engineers.
- Build solutions for testing, trials, commercial launch, and beyond.
- Gain and share insights with the leadership team to continue improving the product and the business.
- Work with product management to service customer feedback and tune features to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Have 1-2+ years of experience as a full-stack developer.
- Have built web applications that include authentication, internal and external APIs, responsive design, and scalable architecture.
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Excellent communication skills, especially of technical concepts and ideas
- A proactive and self-managing attitude.
- 2+ years of web application code design and architecture
- Proficient in 1 or more frontend frameworks (e.g. React, Angular, or Vue)
- Practical knowledge of 1 or more core languages (e.g. Java, C++, Python, Ruby, or Node.js)
- Have used PostgreSQL or PostGIS in a production environment.
- Have worked with core AWS services (S3, Lambda, DynamoDB, API Gateway, Kinesis, Cognito) (or comparable services on other platforms).
- Work well in teams, respecting and welcoming ideas from partners, business stakeholders, and technical experts
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
- Ability to convert a design document into a working user interface with no loss in fidelity
- Knowledge of usability principles, cross-browser compatibility, and HTML document architecture
Route Reports welcome your application even if you do not meet all of the criteria listed above, but are excited about the opportunity of mastering this role. We know that skills are not static and growth is continuous, so we are happy to help you take your career to the next level together and are committed to your development as part of the Route Reports team.