Do you want to build a company that support local artisans, independent shops and reduce our impact on the environment when it comes to grocery shopping?
Our beliefs at Zirrø:
♻️ It is WRONG to get tons of unnecessary single-use packaging when we buy groceries online.
🚚 It is WRONG to generate tons of unnecessary carbon emissions to get groceries delivered by vans to individuals.
🥕 Most of all, it is WRONG to let our beloved local artisans and independent shops die facing unfair competition from unsustainable online grocery services.
If you too share those beliefs, keep reading 👇
I am Vince, founder of Zirrø. I am passionate about fighting climate change and convinced that the way we buy groceries is broken.
I am a zero-waste enthusiast and love good food and my local network of food artisans, so I would always go the extra mile, shop in many independent stores, bring my reusable container to get the best quality products with as little impact on the planet as possible.
And there are so many people wishing to do the same... They just don't have the time or will to do it as convenience is now everything.
But what if someone could provide a service that takes the hassle away and makes it easy to do the right thing?
This is basically how it all started and after a year growing the business by myself, I am looking for another food enthusiast and self-driven co-founder, passionate about sustainability and with strong organisational and communications skills to help me bring Zirrø to the next level.
As a co-founder and CMO, you will be one-half of the business and have a key role in shaping the future of Zirrø. While the day-to-day work may vary based on business needs, your main responsibility will be to plan, deliver and execute a marketing strategy to grow our customer base and awareness. Although the role is highly strategic, you should also be prepared to help on the operational side when needed.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Creating a customer acquisition strategies and sales funnels.
- Managing the marketing budget in line with our financial targets.
- Planning & delivering local marketing activities.
- Defining & driving the content strategy (blog, recipes, product & shop infos, etc...).
- Managing and delivering our social media communication and CRM strategy.
- Building a team and network of contractor to help deliver the marketing plan.
- Participating in the different investment round processes & pitches.
- Helping other teams on the delivery side of the business when needed.
- Working closely with co-funder to define the vision for the future of the offer and the business roadmap.
Are you still with us ? Great! keep reading 👇
Is this you?
Based in London, you are happy to work from Hackney most of the time.
- You can demonstrate experience in growing a customer base and lead a marketing strategy
- As a true storyteller, you have great copywriting skills and can build amazing content from basic products.
- Ideally you have already worked in a startup environment & understand the critical phase businesses face at early stage.
- You have B to C experience preferably within the grocery and retail sector.
- Having an experience participating in fundraising and connection with VCs would be a plus.
- Highly motivated and ambitious, you are passionate about making a positive change.
- Positive, curious and open-minded, you like to bounce ideas, learn new things and share your opinion openly.
- Pragmatic, problem solver and hands-on — You spot opportunities and issues, and aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty to tackle them head-on.
- Proactive, self-learner and adaptable, you are happy to stretch your skills beyond your past experience and take ownership of projects.
- Flexible and capable to work under tight deadline and pressure, you are always happy to try new things and stretch your skills.
- Organised, pragmatic and operations-driven —you love when a plan comes together and have a spreadsheet/Asana/<insert other system> to make sure it does.
- Easy going, fun and creative, you’re comfortable developing relationships with shop owners, customers and the team.
Why joining today?
Zirrø wants to make a change for the better in the grocery shopping industry. By joining at the start of the adventure you will have an opportunity to make this your own baby and have fun shaping the future of the industry.
You will be rewarded with shares in the business which, if we make it a success will be worth 100x the challenges we will have to face throughout the journey.
You'll be proud to be working for a company helping other businesses thrive, protecting the planet and contributing to your local area.
- Grocery shopping partnering up with local businesses rather than bypassing and taking away market share from them.
- Amazing 1-2-1 customer service relationships.
- Introducing deposit schemes to make reusable packaging the new norm when buying grocery supplies.
- Sustainability at the core of anything we do and any decision we take.
We have customer service and sustainability at heart and go way beyond any business in the space to give back to the community and make sure that we impact the environment as little as possible.