NB: We’re happy to consider Full-time or Part-time candidates
UK schools spend well over £2bn per year on covering short term absences with supply teachers. The current model is exclusively reliant on agencies that charge a massive commission and are terribly inefficient (everything is paper and phone-call based). We are consolidating this analogue, fragmented, and inefficient marketplace onto a digital platform. Think Uber for supply teachers. In the process we'll pull hundreds of millions of waste out of the education system and have a huge positive impact on teachers and schools.
We are a Social Enterprise that is well-funded by high-profile investors. We have had
significant early traction, and are led by start-up veterans behind two of London's most
prominent tech companies.
Looking to make a difference?
This is your chance to join the management team of a VC-backed, hyper-growth EdTech
- Own overall analysis & reporting of financial performance (at the Board, Management Team, and Company-wide level)
- Analyse complex financial & operational data and work closely with management - team to leverage your analysis to drive improved business outcomes
- Closely support CEO in fundraising & other Corporate Development activities
- Drive our budgeting & forecasting
- Oversee all audit, tax and other financial compliance work
- Manage the Finance team and overall day-to-day finance function including bookkeeping, management accounts, cash management, and internal controls
- Contribute to key decision-making about the company as part of the senior
- Get your hands dirty. Like any true start-up, no two weeks will be the same
and a general interest in ‘mucking in’ and just getting the job done is crucial
Our Ideal Candidate
- University or Advanced Degree in Accounting or Finance. Ideally a Qualified
Accountant or significant technical Accounting experience.
- Demonstrable excellence in senior finance roles (5+ years) – even better if at a successful marketplace or venture-backed startup
- Deep knowledge and passion for Financial Modelling & Data – we’re looking
for someone keen to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in
- Growth mindset – dedicated to growing your skills as a professional and ready to step in and own the entire Finance function
- Passion for the education sector and commitment to the company’s success
- Strong bias to action
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Ownership in the company via stock options
- 25 days holiday
- Convenient Central London office
- Fun-loving, tight-knit team solving a problem that makes a difference
- Summer hours, lunch-time yoga, free fresh fruit and various other perks