At Bezos, our vision is to Deliver Happiness: For our team, our e-commerce sellers, the end consumers, as well as our logistics partners.
Exciting times in e-commerce: E-commerce sales is driven by consumers that increasingly buy more online and the emergence of small and medium (SME) online sellers, selling through multiple channels (Shopify, Amazon, eBay, Instagram). Today, these SME online sellers are falling behind large retailers due to the complexity of logistics and are ignored by large incumbent logistics service providers. We are on a mission to change that.
Building a next generation Fulfillment-as-a-Service platform: Bezos developed a cloud-based Fulfilment-as-a-Service (FaaS) platform for SME online sellers, connecting existing fulfilment and logistics providers, enabling a range of fulfilment and delivery options, incl. green delivery. Bezos.ai enables SME sellers to compete with large retailers and marketplaces by providing fast and reliable fulfilment and delivery solutions.
Two founders with proven track records: Bezos was founded by Vernon Tjon-Soei-Len and Diego Lijtmaer, two seasoned technology executives with experience in e-commerce, the gig economy and last mile delivery. Vernon was the Director of Amazon Flex UK, part of the Senior Leadership Team of Amazon Logistics UK, and prior to that worked at Zipcar, Bain and JPMorgan. Diego built the business development and logistics functions at Just Eat, founded and ran a hospitality business Bacanal and worked in investment banking at UBS.
We are looking for an exceptional Finance Operations Intern: Someone that gets excited about the adventure of a startup and wants to build a world class business. Someone that is hands on, can understand online seller needs, communicates well and sells the Bezos value proposition. You will play a major role in designing and executing our inbound and outbound sales strategy, closing deals and driving revenue growth.
- Prepare and send out invoices to our clients
- Check invoices we receive from suppliers
- Develop and implement new finance processes, including automating invoice processes
- Prepare monthly financial reporting, including revenue, COGS and profit margin analysis
- Work cross-functionally with various stakeholders in Sales, Seller Success, Product, Engineering and Operations to improve our product offering and the seller experience
Must have requirements:
- Advanced MS Excel/Google Sheets skills, e.g. pivot tables, complex formulas
- Ability to do in-depth data analysis, data mining
- Strong track record of problem solving using large data sets
- Ability to communicate concisely and unambiguously
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Good vibes: Fostering team spirit; someone everyone enjoys and aspires to work with. A positive outlook, boundless energy and thrive on collaboration in startup environments
Nice to have:
- Working knowledge of SQL fundamentals
- Knowledge of e-commerce, fulfillment and logistics