Who we are
Mention Me is a referral marketing platform that fuels business growth. Our world-class programmes have delivered more than 3 million referrals totalling £850M+ in revenue for 450+ brands around the globe.
Founded as a bootstrapped two-man company in 2013, we now employ more than 70 specialists and work with brands including Farfetch, Bloom & Wild and Nutmeg. Our work has been celebrated by awards including Showcase Startup at Retail Week’s Buzz conference, Best Tech Startup at Drapers Digital Festival, and a Bronze Stevie for Customer Service Team of the Year.
In 2018, we raised $7 million in funding from Eight Roads Ventures to fuel our next phase of growth as the market-leading referral platform.
Diversity, equity and inclusion
We celebrate every Mentioneer, exactly as they are. We don’t shy away from breaking down systemic discrimination in society, or from difficult conversations and decisions. We’re committed to being a force for change.The same goes for our recruitment. We welcome every application, regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, physical ability, family structure, socioeconomic status, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Are you smart, creative and ambitious; looking to help shape the future of one of London’s brightest SaaS/martech scale ups?
We’re looking for someone to join our thriving Client Success team based at our HQ in Vauxhall, London. The role is Operations Manager and this person will take over the team responsible for making sure our clients and our Client Success Managers enjoy the friendly, fabulous and efficient service they have grown used to receiving. There’s a long list of activities undertaken today by the team, and more activities that will need tackling as the business grows.
The role is suited to someone comfortable both operating and managing. You’ll take the reins leading a small team of people, and help that team develop their skills and careers within Mention Me. You’ll also have your eyes open as to how to improve the way the team works today and in future.
The role reports to the Director of Operations and you’ll be expected to work alongside many other teams in the business.
- Building a fabulous team environment and developing the skills and careers of your team members
- Ensuring the team meets the SLAs and quality measures associated with the various types of operational tasks undertaken by the team today. These include tasks relating to clients, their customers and support for the Client team at Mention Me, alongside some Revenue, Data and People Operations.
- Extending the remit of the Operations team by identifying new tasks, particularly those associated with our clients, suitable for being executed by the Operations team and then migrating the execution of those tasks into the team
- Growing the team by recruiting new team members
- Ensuring that all processes and tasks are consistently documented and executed
- Co-ordinating the work of the Operations team with the other teams in the business that request things from and do things for the Operations team
- Constantly looking to improve everything about how we work
- Extending the hours of operation of the team (currently UK office hours) as we move towards international expansion
- Experienced running an operations or help desk function, establishing and meeting Service Levels and managing a team
- At least 2 years' experience of having run a team of at least 2-3 people
- Good attention to detail and a rigorous and methodical approach to work
- Great at engaging, motivating and developing your team
- Strong service and or client orientation, always looking to ensure that customers, colleagues and clients get a great experience in their interactions with you and your team
- SaaS and martech experience is a nice to have, but not essential as long as you have run an operations desk or service function before.
- Basic understanding of web technology would be very useful.
- Experience with Zendesk, Salesforce and ITIL is not essential but would be useful.
Here is why you should join us
We’re big on culture and strive to make Mention Me a great place to work. Here are just some of the reasons to join us.
You can expect:
- A competitive package, plus options in a growing scale-up
- Personal development, including training and conference budgets, a mentoring programme and a personal challenge fund
- 25 days of holiday plus Bank Holidays every year, as well as an extra day off for every year of service
- Company pension scheme
- Enhanced parental leave
- Cycle to work scheme
As well as
- Recognition and rewards for outstanding work, including the monthly Wheel of Wow, Unsung Hero and termly Founders’ Award for Awesomeness. Prizes include £500 cash, meals out and even trips away
- A work-life balance. We encourage lunch breaks, regularly work from home, and are open to flexible working
- Weekly online yoga classes
- Sessions with a qualified therapist through Spill
- An amazing office, complete with drinks fridge and snacks cupboard
- Regular social events, from chocolate-tasting and pottery-making, to poker nights and picnics
- Subsidised gym memberships and Classpass