Who we are
Mention Me is a referral marketing platform that fuels business growth. Our world-class programmes have delivered more than 3 million referrals totalling £850M+ in revenue for 450+ brands around the globe.
Founded as a bootstrapped two-man company in 2013, we now employ more than 70 specialists and work with brands including Farfetch, Bloom & Wild and Nutmeg. Our work has been celebrated by awards including Showcase Startup at Retail Week’s Buzz conference, Best Tech Startup at Drapers Digital Festival, and a Bronze Stevie for Customer Service Team of the Year.
In 2018, we raised $7 million in funding from Eight Roads Ventures to fuel our next phase of growth as the market-leading referral platform.
Diversity, equity and inclusion
We celebrate every Mentioneer, exactly as they are. We don’t shy away from breaking down systemic discrimination in society, or from difficult conversations and decisions. We’re committed to being a force for change.
The same goes for our recruitment. We welcome every application, regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, physical ability, family structure, socioeconomic status, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Are you customer-focused, have client support experience, excellent communication skills and a keen eye for detail?
We’re looking for a Client Operations Executive to join our four strong team, responsible for providing the best client support within the UKs leading referral platform.
You’ll work closely with fellow support colleagues, as well as the onboarding team, the engineering team and the product team to ensure quick and efficient resolution and implementation of external and internal requests.
How you would contribute
- Supporting the client team by implementing changes to client's referral schemes;
- Fielding a wide range of enquiries and questions from clients and their customers, and responding with promptness, thoroughness and good grace;
- Managing requests for help from our clients and their customers as they arrive in Intercom or Zendesk;
- Pro-actively ensuring our client’s referral programmes are running smoothly and escalating when they are not;
- Developing a deep knowledge of the Mention Me platform and product and using that knowledge to help our clients when they need it;
- Working alongside the engineering, QA and product teams to explore, identify and resolve problems;
- Developing and sharing best practice in Mention Me and amongst clients;
- Providing constructive feedback on Mention Me’s tools and processes as we seek to continually improve our platform and the service we provide to our clients
- A drive and desire to do the best job for your clients that you possibly can;
- Organised and thorough approach to timely delivery of good quality work;
- Excellent communication skills, both in speech and on paper;
- At least two year’s experience of working in a customer support role within a SaaS business;
- An understanding of the basics of web technology and good general computing skills;
- Knowledge of online business, either in customer acquisition, customer retention or product marketing would be desirable;
- Willingness to work in a start up and to take a hands-on approach;
- The right to work in the UK.
Your career progression at Mention Me
To help you carve out a successful career, we’ll provide the following:
- £2,000 annual learning and development budget
- Mentoring scheme with one of our Senior Leaders
- We’ll measure your success with quarterly goals and milestones, as well as biannual reviews, so you always know what’s expected and can accurately reflect on performance with your manager.
Here’s why you should join us
We’re big on culture and strive to make Mention Me a great place to work. Here are just some of the reasons to join us.
You can expect:
- A competitive package, plus options in a growing scale-up
- Personal development, including training and conference budgets, a mentoring programme and a personal challenge fund
- 25 days of holiday plus Bank Holidays every year, as well as an extra day off for every year of service
- Company pension scheme
- Enhanced parental leave
- Cycle to work scheme
As well as:
- Recognition and rewards for outstanding work, including the monthly Wheel of Wow, Unsung Hero and termly Founders’ Award for Awesomeness. Prizes include £500 cash, meals out and even trips away
- A work-life balance. We encourage lunch breaks, regularly work from home, and are open to flexible working
- Weekly online yoga classes
- Sessions with a qualified therapist through Spill
- An amazing office, complete with drinks fridge and snacks cupboard
- Regular social events, from chocolate-tasting and pottery-making, to poker nights and picnics
- Subsidised gym memberships and Classpass