We're looking for a driven and skilled digital/growth marketer to join our tech startup as we expand our marketing team for scale. Must have experience in marketing analytics, content marketing and a breadth of brand and sales channels, with a willingness to learn and grow in the role.
Job Title: Growth & Digital Marketing Executive
Reporting to: Head of Growth & Digital Performance
Type of appointment: Permanent, full-time
Based in: Hybrid working from our London office & remote
Workshop is a digital disruptor in education. Our ground-breaking edtech product has been delighting students over the last few years, teaching skills-based techniques through a unique step-by-step, video-based approach that suits the busy schedules of today's learners. We combine all the benefits of in-person learning (such as one-to-one mentoring, small classes of like-minded students and getting hands-on with your subject) with the flexibility of remote learning - all wrapped up in a wonderful user experience across devices.
This is an exciting time of growth for the company as we build our marketing capabilities to scale and test out new markets. We are working on a number of interesting projects and have serious ambition for the company, so we are investing in our marketing team to drive this forward.
You will possess well-rounded and proven technical digital marketing skills, a fondness for data, a creative edge and an eye for great copy and content. You’ll be naturally inquisitive - someone who can spot and solve problems, always looking to learn new skills, dive into unfamiliar tools and understand best marketing practice.
You’d also be a proactive go-getter, able to organise, prioritise projects and manage suppliers to get things done. You’ll be happy taking a brief or a vision and running with it. If you’re smart, friendly, adventurous and down to earth, you’ll fit in at Workshop.
We know where we need to improve our marketing efforts, but we now need somebody who can take ownership of these projects and help us to boost growth.
About the role
The Growth & Digital Marketing Executive (GDME) will work closely with the Head of Growth & Digital Performance to deliver growth marketing strategies and will be responsible for owning and optimising our key marketing channels, our content, and conversion optimisation across our online sales funnel.
The GDME will need to deliver a variety of digital marketing and ecommerce-style initiatives - from campaigns to technical improvements - as well as managing brand touchpoints and reporting on performance.
As a broadly-skilled digital marketer, the GDME will ideally have experience, and will be responsible for:
- Creating and delivering marketing programmes for Workshop and our brands/partners.
- Maintain and continually improve the websites, conducting CRO activity and continual testing. Manage content through CMS (currently Webflow and Wordpress) and promote the Workshop offer and courses, including through high-performing landing pages.
- Co-ordinate and interpret data generated from Google Analytics and other platforms to enable marketing decision-making, constantly maximising marketing budget and finding correlations, trends and actionable insights from a range of data sources to understand audience and behaviour.
- Paid digital marketing: Managing social media ads, search ads and display marketing, audience remarketing, attribution and tracking, optimised to tight weekly budgets and performance goals.
- SEM: Ensure owned content is optimised for search, look for opportunities for new search content and backlinks.
- Manage email marketing and email automation for engaging and converting both leads and existing users, inc split testing and analysis.
- CRM/loyalty/community marketing.
- New course launches - promotion across paid, earned and owned alongside course partners.
- Build relationships with Workshop partners to maximise Partner owned and paid for channels.
- Content marketing: Plan and create engaging content across marketing channels to drive traffic and engage with customers to encourage them through the funnel. Content, our brand assets and our digital footprint should be cohesive and reflect the Workshop brands across touchpoints, surprising and delighting viewers through appealing visuals or copy that reflect the great user experience and the aspirations we have for the brand.
- Manage suppliers/freelancers/specialists - eg outsourced video content, design, ads management, copywriting (we have a search ad specialist on the team).
- Improve customer journeys across touchpoints - websites, app, content, digital footprint.
- Collate and interpret digital marketing performance data across channels, generating forecasting and results dashboards and monitoring success.
- Work with the product team to maintain marketing consent/permissions, cookie policies and data protection compliance.
- Manages projects to implement new tools and improvements in digital marketing capability.
This list is not meant to be restrictive. Being a startup growth role, there is freedom to test new hypotheses to drive enquiries, leads and sales. Performance of the role will be measured by successful project delivery, brand experience and, of course, KPIs from the funnel: Brand awareness, lead generation and hard course sales numbers.
Although a large focus for this role will be B2C marketing, there will be aspects of B2B, partnerships and inbound marketing.
The post is part of a small team within Workshop and applicants will need to be prepared to undertake tasks, projects and accept responsibilities with a real sense of drive, enthusiasm, ownership and desire to succeed. The GDME will also need to be adaptable and prepared to muck in outside their comfort zone ...we’re a start-up and we all have to pitch in to support the business in surprising ways.
We don’t care what you look like or where you come from, if you fit the team culture well and think you can help us to drive growth, we want to hear from you.
If this role isn’t for you, there will be further marketing vacancies in the coming months. Follow the Workshop page and keep an eye out for our updates.
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary
- Friendly, flexible and sociable working environment
- Space to own the role and shape your career development
- Pension plan, cycle-to-work scheme
- 25 days holiday per year (excl bank holidays)
- The opportunity to learn from an experienced product and marketing team and to work on a product that will revolutionise the way people learn hands-on skills around the world
Required education and experience
At least 3 years of technical digital marketing, content marketing or growth marketing experience. Preferably degree educated or a qualification in a related field.
Essential skills & experience: Google Analytics, design software (eg Adobe), email marketing platforms, experience running and optimising digital ad campaigns, excellent copywriting and communications skills.