Customer Support Engineer
Edinburgh or Glasgow (Currently Remote)
If you are looking for a Customer Support Engineering role with more autonomy, training, and career development opportunities, then this could be the ideal role for you.
As a key member of the Service Delivery team, you will be ensuring that our cloud-based platform is operating effectively. You will be working closely with customers internally and externally to provide guidance, answer questions and resolve any issues.
Working with Aridhia is about more than just a job, it is a chance to make a real difference to the world. Our customers are conducting important research into diseases including Alzheimer's, Cancer and Covid-19 and you will be supporting them.
What’s in it to for you?
In addition to a competitive remuneration package, we offer the following benefits:
- 35 days annual holiday entitlement, inclusive of three public holidays
- Individual annual training budget
- Private healthcare for employees and their families
- Death in Service scheme
- Generous Company Pension scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Sick pay benefits
- Individually tailored induction and personal development plans
What you’ll be doing...
- Providing excellent service to Aridhia’s clients and partners located around the world
- Clarifying, troubleshooting, and finding the best solutions to problems
- Maintaining and configuring physical and virtualised infrastructure
- Support for new colleagues and customers regarding use of IT services
- Creating service reports for incidents, problems, and changes
- Auditing and reporting of our work are part of our culture so working to support that is essential
- Adhering to Information Security policies.
What you’ll bring….
- You will have an eagerness to tackle problems and do whatever is needed to get them fixed whilst remaining commercially aware
- You will already have technical service desk experience, so you’ll be comfortable with prioritising your workload, managing customers & tickets, and staying within service level agreements
- You will have experience working directly with customers and be able to deal with issues quickly and communicate clearly via their preferred channel
- You will be able to clarify problems and work logically to solve them, liaising with colleagues and/or third parties as/when required
- You will have the flexibility and willingness to be involved in a broad variety of technologies, responsibilities, and tasks
- You will want to train, upskill, and expand your technical skills
- Experience of working at operating system level, be it Windows and/or Linux
- Technical experience of working with infrastructure, either cloud or on premise
- Experience of working within ITIL guidelines.
- ITIL Foundation qualification
- Previous experience of supporting SaaS, PaaS and/or Cloud environments (particularly Microsoft Azure)
- Knowledge of Office 365, SharePoint, and the Microsoft suite
- Broad technical knowledge including experience of Linux, networking, and virtualization concepts
- Experience of programming, databases, or version control software
- Awareness and understanding of the research or healthcare domain.
Rotational shift pattern: 08:00-16:00, 09:00 – 17:00 and 12:00-20:00
Aridhia enables clinical and life sciences users to use Cloud services to collaborate, investigate and develop innovative therapies, diagnostics, and care pathways for a range of medical conditions. We do this through Software and Platform as a Service, giving self-service access to secure workspaces for data management, de-identification, statistics and machine learning, cloud computing and interactive visualisation. In this way, a growing number of research hospitals, universities and pharmaceutical companies can ensure confidentiality, compliance, and ethical use of patient data.
Our Aridhia Digital Research Environment (DRE) is built on leading technologies and this role offers the exciting opportunity to join an inclusive, talented and dedicated top-flight technical team and to develop and enhance your experience and skills whilst contributing to the delivery of our roadmap and key strategic projects.
The Service Delivery team is process driven, to ensure high quality, repeatable outcomes. Like the rest of the company, we are guided by frameworks such as AGILE and ITIL, but we also have a proactive, results driven approach. An ongoing process of review and evaluation exists, and you’ll be part of it. Everything is open to question and we believe everything can always be improved. We follow an agile working method with daily team stand-ups, progress boards, sprints, and show and tell sessions, to keep people informed and involved as projects evolve, and to share knowledge across teams.
Please note all successful candidates will be required to achieve a Basic Disclosure Scotland Certificate.