ev.energy is a technology company on a mission to decarbonize mobility. Recently named “World’s Best Energy Start-up,” we are a team of management consultants, data scientists, creatives, graphic designers, marketeers and software developers working on an industry-leading algorithm that obtains real-time data from utilities to charge electric vehicles with the cheapest, greenest energy available. We are a Certified B Corp™ with offices in London and Palo Alto, and operate as a remote team across the US, UK & Europe to serve our global base of utilities & EV drivers.
We are looking for a technically minded project manager to join our quickly expanding Growth team, who will be central to delivering key OEM and Charge Point integrations that enable EV drivers to be compatible with ev.energy technology.
Working with a team of five engineers, the Technical Project Manager will help shape the growth team processes and ways of working as we scale our partnerships that help decarbonise transport. This is an exciting time to join ev.energy as we scale our rapid expansion, and the role will report directly into the Head of Growth.
- Support the engineers on the definition and management of project scope, schedule, and resource requirements
- Facilitate the delivery of agile high quality software to our product development roadmap
- Manage the planning, dependencies, risks, costs, resources and releases of software development activity to meet timelines and budget restrictions
- Capture and manage project risks and opportunities, developing and implementing appropriate response plans
- Coordinate the collaborative efforts of self-organising and cross-functional teams
- Help implement process improvements and increase the efficiency of the way the engineering team works
- Identify issues that arise through project execution and deploy appropriate responses
- At least 2 years of experience working alongside engineers
- Experience across a range of project management frameworks e.g waterfall, agile, sprint
- A track record of continuously improving processes
- A track record of working collaboratively with cross-functional teams and the ability to translate technical and non-technical language
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
“Nice to have” but not essential
- Experience of a high-growth start-up/scale-up environment
- Project management within an app product environment e.g, release management and deployment
- A full understanding and of the EV and energy industries and infrastructure
- Experience with OCPP 1.6 protocol
If you don’t have all of the job requirements, please apply anyway! We would love to hear from all kinds of people and may be able to tailor the role around your abilities and experience. We value applicants from non-traditional backgrounds, and startup or tech experience is not a prerequisite.
We will support you with
A brand new Macbook loaded with all the tools and software you need to work effectively
Everything you need to work remotely, investing in your home working setup or an office in a location convenient for you
Funded access to conferences, training and meetups (like Fully Charged Live)
We are a Certified B Corp™, which means you will have access to training and learning materials that promote meeting the highest verified standards of social and environmental performance, transparency and accountability
The important details
Location: Global - (please note if applying from the US you must be legally authorised to work in the United States)
Hours: Full time, with the ability to overlap with our European team’s core hours of 10am-4pm UK time;
Salary: £40-45k per year depending on experience;
Annual Leave: 25 Days plus one day per year of tenure (max 30 days) + national holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.