Heka is paving the way in the employee wellbeing space by offering over 1,000 health benefits, from the best providers, to users across the UK.
Our online platform provides an intimate, personalised and accessible space for employees to access mental health, physical health and lifestyle experiences - a one-stop solution for diverse teams.
About your role at Heka
As Heka’s new Community Manager, you’ll:
- Be the voice of Heka to our community, working with prospects, customers, influencers, and partners to drive engagement with Heka’s brand.
- Be a natural networker, and build new relationships through social platforms, organising and hosting Heka events, and actively partnering with like minded organisations.
- Host our podcast, Wellbeing Warriors at Work.
- Create, schedule and publish content across LinkedIn and work to develop our social media strategy on other platforms.
- Be our internal social media advocate, helping everyone (particularly the leadership team) be more successful on social platforms.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have an interest in the mental and physical wellbeing space.
- Are a social, confident and empathetic individual with strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Know the ins-and-outs of social media and always know what’s trending.
- Have experience in growing an online audience, and driving engagement within that community.
- Are ambitious, driven and self-motivated.
- Enjoy writing, have a keen eye for grammar and are a good storyteller.
- Are an ideas person with the ability to appreciate and bounce off other team members’ ideas and opinions.
- Have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Possibly have some email/CRM marketing or sales experience, although this isn’t necessary.
Life at Heka:
At Heka we pride ourselves on the people focussed culture we’ve created through supporting our employee’s wellbeing and providing a range of inclusive benefits, including:
- Competitive salary, pension and share options
- £600 Heka wellbeing budget
- Remote working
- 25 days of annual leave a year + bank holidays + your birthday off 🎉!
- An extra day in annual leave for each year of service
- Fortnightly wellbeing afternoons on Wednesdays
- Regular socials and early finish on a Friday
- Career progression and development
- An open and democratic work culture where everyone can contribute, learn and teach
- A fail-friendly environment that encourages learning and initiative