Our Company and Mission
Our mission at Iona Mind is to put high-quality, evidence-based mental healthcare in the hands of everyone on the planet. We’re developing new digital treatments for common mental health conditions and making them easy to access.
We’re three repeat founders with experience building and scaling large software companies and healthcare systems. Now we’re looking to expand that founding team and create the core group which builds Iona Mind into a category leading company that supports millions of people all over the world.
Our main product is a consumer-grade mobile app for iOS and Android which we launched recently and serves thousands of users in over 100 countries. We have been the #1 mental health app on the Google Play store and we’re only just getting started.
We’re well funded and backed by some of the best in the business including: Y Combinator, Global Founders Capital, Notion Capital, Axial Ventures and SessionVC.
Your role in the founding team
As a member of the founding team and our first hire you will have a significant and lasting impact on the company culture, product, brand and user experience. You’ll be given complete creative freedom to support our users in the best way possible.
Your mission will be to lead and own the product design efforts and user experience for our mobile app and future clinical products. You will be responsible for working with the founders to transform the version 1 of our mobile app into a category leader.
You’ll also own the Iona Mind brand and be responsible for creating a unified experience across the product and its supporting materials.
Ideally you have substantial experience designing consumer-grade mobile products and also have worked on digital health.
- 4+ years of experience in a product design role (preferably at an early stage startup)
- Experience with iOS/Android apps (and passionate about mobile ux)
- Comfortable analyzing data and drawing insights through in-house analytics tools
- Comfortable wearing multiple hats and getting involved in all aspects of the product development process
- Experience developing, shipping and iterating with a live product
What we offer
- Competitive Salary (£60-70k) + Equity
- Join the founding team of a mission-orientated company and make a significant contribution to the health of people all over the world
- Fast-paced learning and rapid career progression. We intend to hire someone who can lead design at the company as we grow
- Flexible and remote working environment
We appreciate your time is valuable. We’ll move fast and get you a decision asap.
- Apply by email. Attach or point us to some of your work. Ideally include a resume / LinkedIn.
- Short introductory call with the CEO.
- Quick time bound task and debrief.
- Call with the CTO.
What our users are saying
“Truly fantastic app. After 7 years under mental health services, this app has been so much more reliable, thought provoking and genuine than the professionals I have been assigned to.” 5/5⭐
"This is the best app I've used to help my depression, anxiety AND a lot of things I realized I did need help with.” 5/5⭐