Job Title: Customer Service Agent
Line Manager: Team Leader
Travel Required: N/A
Position Type: Permanent, Full Time or Part Time
Who we are
At MADE.COM we believe that everyone should have access to great design. So we’ve taken a unique approach to making and selling furniture - no middlemen, no agents or importers and no high street stores. Instead we work directly with designers and manufacturers so we can offer high-end furniture at up to 70% off the high street prices.
It’s not an easy task – and it takes a creative and dedicated team to make it happen. Everyone has an important part to play in our customer service department. We combine our individual passions and skills to create innovative work that’s as exciting and unconventional as the business itself. It’s a place where all ideas are listened to, where brainstorming means job titles get left at the door and where a self-starter can really make their mark.
What you’ll be doing
- Exceeding customers’ expectations of Made.com
- Handling inbound and outbound emails
- Providing prompt, efficient and consistent information and communication in line with company policy
- The accurate handling of all consumer initiated interaction to ensure that customers receive the information that is right for them first time
- The resolution of consumer issues and complaints including consistent follow up and escalation where necessary
- Complaints resolved within company defined timescales and to policies
- Following through enquiries from inception to completion
- Maintain a full understanding of all product lines
What you’ll need
- The ability to communicate confidently in both clearly spoken and written English as well as having the ability to build a rapport with people quickly and effectively
- A professional, proactive and ‘can do’ attitude with exceptional attention to detail with excellent organisational skills and a passion for providing outstanding customer service
- Be able to problem solve quickly and take ownership comfortably
- Enjoy working in a busy environment, whilst remaining patient.
- You will need fast accurate computer skills and be prepared for a high volume of customer contacts
- The ability to deliver excellent results and constantly improve our customer's experience and aid in our continued growth
- Whilst not essential, an interest in design, experience gained in customer service work within a similar environment, would be a distinct advantage to your application
What we give you
- Great opportunities to make the role your own and get involved with exciting projects in a fast-paced, creative and fun office environment.
- We’re proud of our diverse, supportive company and culture. Our very own in-house Culture Club plans a variety of activities from our annual parties, Friday drinks, social events and more.
- Temptingly good employee discounts on MADE.com (30% for you and 15% for your family & friends).
- 25 days holiday per year (on top of bank holidays), plus an extra day for every year, served up to a ceiling of 30 days.
- We know that flexibility is important. Our Everyday Flex policy enables you to determine your start and finish times, and we’re open to discussing other flexible working arrangements too.
- Free, unlimited access to over 13,000 eLearning courses to support your development.
- We believe it’s important to give back, so we give you one paid day off each year to get involved in any community or charity volunteering activity of your choice.
- Excellent employee benefits including private healthcare (with discounted gym membership), pension, life insurance, eyecare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan to name but a few.
Up your street? Apply for the opportunity to join our growing team!
MADE is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, where all of our employees have equal access to opportunities and everyone’s voices are heard. We respect and value all differences (seen and unseen) and encourage applications from all backgrounds, which will be considered regardless of race, colour, religion or belief, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, pregnancy and maternity, disability or age.