Pax8 simplifies the way organisations buy, sell, and manage cloud solutions. Following $96m Series F Funding and two pivotal European acquisitions, Wirehive and Resello, we are now looking for our first European based Finance Director working from our Farnborough office, in the UK.
Reporting to the UK COO, you'll be working closely with Founders, the Senior Leadership Team and a USA based Global Finance Team in a key role overseeing the growth and integration of new entities and further European expansion.
You'll be responsible for end to end finance engineering, building operational efficiencies in the UK and Europe and building team capability. You'll have the potential to progress to an International role as Senior VP of Finance for Europe and beyond.
With 2,558% 3-Year Growth, we are a dynamically expanding (800+ employees), and high-energy organisation (Inc 5000 4 consecutive years) with a start-up feel, allowing you to make a meaningful impact on the business. We're proud to be listed on the Inc 500, have been Awarded Best Places to Work 2021 and Women in IT UK Awards 2021.
You’ll have experience of a scaling finance function, and building organisational efficiencies for rapid decision making while integrating new entities and expanding the tools that deliver trusted, real time company data to successful serial technology entrepreneurs and investors priming company growth.
Your Day to Day in this role includes:
- Partnering with Leadership team on business strategy for real time decision-making
- Providing strong business intelligence using data-led presentations to a UK Leadership team
- Managing and developing a local finance team of 3
- Acting as the trusted partner to the US for a European based finance function
- Providing month end reporting to support global General Ledger reporting
- Overseeing and managing the UK financial budgeting and forecasting process
- Providing advice and complying with UK & US Government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Assisting with European acquisition integrations
- Reviewing month end General Ledger close including: account reconciliations, accrual journal entries, depreciation
- Preparing annual statutory accounts and overseeing revenue functions
- Ensuring successful completion of annual external financial audits
With hybrid office/home-work flexibility you'll be located within an hour of our Farnborough office for a few days each week, but free to decide your own work pattern around that.
You'll be ideal for us if you:
- Have 5-10 years post qualification experience ideally in a high growth, technology company
- Have knowledge and experience of European Tax and Audit advisory services
- Have worked in a public company or have supported IPO preparation
- Are professionally certified with one or more of the following: ACCA / ACA / CIMA
- Have NetSuite (or similar) implementation and/or integration experience
- 2+ years successful people management, growth and development experience
We encourage you to apply for a role at Pax8 even if you don’t meet 100% of the bullet points. We believe in cultivating an environment where there are a diversity of perspectives.
Salary & Benefits
- Basic Salary £100,000 to £125,000
- Share Options after qualifying period
- Company Bonus Scheme
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Hybrid Office/Home flexible working with core hours of 10-4pm
- Tech set up to support great home and in-office working
- Private healthcare
- Dental Plan
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Workplace pension scheme
- Regular company and team socials
We are not using external recruiters for this role.
In-Office Environment in Farnborough - When we're free of Covid!
- Amazing Offices with natural light
- Dedicated desk with laptop dock and two monitors
- Free on-site parking
- Shuttle bus from Farnborough Main station
- Access to on-site gym
- On-site shower
- Barista grade coffee machine
- Fully stocked drinks fridge
If you struggle to get “time out” we’re happy to accommodate early/late conversations and interview times or if you have any queries you can ring us on 01252 560225.
What’s in it for you?
There’s plenty of scope for a talented individual to progress quickly in this opportunity or to other internal options as we grow and expand. We have our very own internal academy for personal development plus access to extensive "born in the cloud" mentors available for your growth. We’ll provide the opportunity stretch and projects to help you thrive and see exactly what you need to achieve to get to the next level. You might even get to exchange work location one day with your colleagues in the USA but even if you can't travel right now we guarantee you'll still have fun!
Our mission is to be the world’s favourite place to buy cloud products. We are a fast-growing, dynamic, and high-energy organisation with a start-up feel, allowing you to make a meaningful impact on the business. Culture is important to us, and at Pax8, it’s business, and it IS personal. We are passionate, creative, and unconventional. We work hard, keep it fun, and expect the best! We Elev8 each other. We Advoc8 for our partners. We Innov8 continuously. We Celebr8 life.
Pax8 and Wirehive are an equal opportunities employer and welcome individuals who are in possession of the appropriate requirements to work within the UK. Offered individuals will be asked to undertake identity, security compliance and reference checks. Your privacy is important to us. Your data will be held in accordance with GDPR best practices and processed only in accordance with our recruiting processes.
Job Applicant Privacy Notice