Why would you love this role?
We’re looking for someone to join our team as a Growth Scientist - why a Scientist? Because you’ll be growing the business by testing and learning from experiments. A white coat is optional...
If you love having the freedom to work out the best solution and to just do it, then you’ll love working with us.
We’re a fast-moving, agile, start-up and we’re all driven to deliver the best we can. It’s always exciting and we work amazingly well as a team, which makes it even more fun.
This freedom combined with the fast-paced environment means that you’ll develop your personal skills and learn incredibly quickly. Personal development is one of our passions and one of our strengths and you’ll have a development manager to help you make the most of the opportunities.
At Switchd, we always do the right thing. So, whether you’re helping people save time and money or you’re reducing carbon emissions, you’ll be working on something seriously worthwhile.
A bit more about our mission...
We’re on a mission to demystify the energy market for households, making it easy to get both the cheapest and greenest energy for your home. Switchd started out with automated energy switching, where we’ve got a great product, 5* customer reviews and awesome tech.
More and more households now want to make their house green and are getting frustrated with trying to work out if solar panels, a heat pump or insulation are right for them. So, we’ve developed our market-first MakeMyHouseGreen platform to solve that and help make houses green!
The journey has been awesome so far and what's to come is shaping up to be even better. We’re looking for someone to join the team, join the journey and share in the success as we continue to grow.
You’ll have a great opportunity to use your creativity and analytical skills to help us drive serious growth for Switchd and MakeMyHouseGreen. Whether you’re running conversion funnel tests, campaign experiments or finding new ways to engage site visitors and members, you will be at the forefront of pushing the business forward.
Working closely with the head of growth and the business founders, you’ll have the freedom, support and tools you need to deliver rapid growth.
You’ll learn plenty of new skills as you grow with Switchd and you’ll be part of a small but close team, focused on doing the best we can for our members.
Key responsibilities and areas of ownership
Note that you won’t necessarily need to know how to do all of this already - we’ll help you learn as you go.
- Gathering customer insights by surveying our own members and members of the public.
- Working with our Head of Growth to prioritise hypotheses and turn them into experiments with conclusive results.
- Producing creatives (ad copy and designs) for new experiments.
- Analysing the results of experiments to ensure that we learn from those that fail as well as those that succeed.
- A really intelligent, driven individual who’s keen to learn and develop.
- Creative thinker who will be able to come up with new and original ideas.
- Well organised and time effective.
- Love of and natural ability to speak to customers and gain valuable insights.
- Friendly, personable, and empathetic.
- Great energy, persistence and resilience.
- Ability to learn from failures - growth is all about experimentation!
- Nice to have: Experience in a growth role at a fast-growing digital start-up or agency.
- Nice to have: Experience running marketing tests or campaigns across multiple channels.
- Brand new office space near Covent Garden.
- Flexible working from home combined with office time as a team.
- Competitive salary, based on experience.
- Share options in the company, so you share in the growth.
- Free Friday team lunches at the local market.
Why this role will be great for you
- Personal development as a priority to help you grow.
- Massive freedom and autonomy to shape the future.
- Be part of an awesome team who have fun at work!