junee is starting the reusa-bowl revolution with a borrow-and-return system of takeaway packaging that employees can use for their workday lunch.
Why? The UK generates 11 billion pieces of packaging waste each year from lunch takeaway alone. And the problem is getting worse: more than half of all plastic in existence today was created after 2008.
We're an early stage tech-for-good startup supported by WeWork, Huckletree Alpha, Mayor of London, Sustainable Ventures - Better Futures.
We're on a mission to save 25 million single-use containers from going to landfill by 2025.
About the Role
You'll work directly with the founders to grow and support junee's restaurant network. You're open and excited about being part of early-stage startup culture, able to communicate junee's mission clearly, and passionate about restaurants & food. This is a unique opportunity to be the face of junee to our restaurant partners, grow your restaurant sales skills, and help make reusables mainstream!
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Acquiring new restaurant partners, from single-location favourites to popular restaurant chains
- Managing restaurant leads and pipeline, contacting potential partners directly (in person, over the phone, through email) and convincing them to join the reusabowl revolution
- Working with team to ensure junee's workplace partners have variety and density of nearby junee restaurants
- Liaising with Ops Team to ensure smooth onboarding and servicing of partners
- Maintaining existing partner relationships, encouraging feedback for continuous improvements to the partner experience
- Innovating and presenting new ideas to accelerate junee's restaurant growth and improve partner experience
- Being an expert in London's dynamic lunch-on-the-go scene
- This role will be a mix of office and field-based work
You are a good fit if you...
- Are passionate about solving the world's waste challenge and want to kick off or continue your impact-led career
- Have great interpersonal skills and enjoy rallying others behind a cause you believe in
- Are results-oriented, with a track record of achieving targets
- Want to work at an early stage startup and are comfortable with ambiguity and trying new things
Skills & experience
- Previous professional experience in sales and/or account management, preferably in the foodservice industry
- Highly organised with demonstrated ability to track and manage customer relationships
- Effective relationship-building and communication skills, whether face to face or virtual
- Self-starter with ability to work autonomously whilst meeting restaurant partners in Central London
- Experience in working in a dynamic high-growth company is preferable
- This is a London-based role. You must be comfortable commuting regularly to the Shoreditch-area.
- Great time to get in with an early, exciting new company
- Endless opportunities for growth as we expand into new neighborhoods across London and beyond!
- Candidates must have pre-existing right-to-work in the United Kingdom
- We are growing rapidly and strongly encourage applicants who are able to start right away to apply
To apply, share your CV and answer the questions herein. If your profile is a potential fit, we'll be in touch with an additional application form. Deadline to apply is Friday, 1st October. We'll be interviewing on a rolling basis to start ASAP.