junee is starting the reusa-bowl revolution with a borrow-and-return system of takeaway packaging that employees can use for their workday lunch.
Why? The UK generates 11 billion pieces of packaging waste each year from lunch takeaway alone. And the problem is getting worse: more than half of all plastic in existence today was created after 2008.
We're an early stage tech-for-good startup supported by WeWork, Huckletree Alpha, Mayor of London, Sustainable Ventures - Better Futures.
We're on a mission to save 25 million single-use containers from going to landfill by 2025.
About the Role
You'll work directly with the founders on a variety of strategic projects to shape junee's future. You'll tackle everything from getting our operators set up to identifying process improvements that make junee more efficient and sustainable. This is a unique opportunity to build the foundation of junee's scalable infrastructure, grow your analytical skills, and help make reusables mainstream!
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Working directly with COO to lead innovation projects focused on scaling operations
- Building new processes with our logistics partners which will positively impact the environment
- Identify, structure and solve complex problems using a mix of strategic analysis and data
- Work directly with Product & Tech teams to prototype, test and design systems
You are a good fit if you...
- Are passionate about solving the world's waste challenge and want to kick off or continue your impact-led career
- Want to work at an early stage startup and get involved in solving problems
- Are comfortable with ambiguity & trying new things
- Have great interpersonal skills and are not afraid to defend your ideas
- Want flexibility to shape your career and are intellectually curious about a variety of problems
Skills & experience
- Exceptional academic record with degree in Engineering, Business, Analytics or a related field
- Demonstrated logical mindset & structured thinking
- Not afraid to speak up when things don't seem right in dealing with many different personalities, vendors etc.
- Previous experience in supply chain, logistics, or operations a plus, but not required
- Comfortable working in cross functional teams and with external vendors
- Comfortable working with data in Excel or Google Sheets platforms
Location & Compensation
- This is a London-based role. You must be comfortable commuting regularly to the Shoreditch-area.
- Great time to get in with an early, exciting new company
- Opportunities for growth as we expand across London and beyond!
- Candidates must have pre-existing right-to-work in the United Kingdom
- We are growing rapidly and strongly encourage applicants who are able to start right away to apply
To apply, share your CV and answer the questions herein. If your profile is a potential fit, we'll be in touch with an additional application form. Deadline to apply is Friday, 1st October. We'll be interviewing on a rolling basis to start ASAP.