Job Title: Head of E-commerce Studio
Line Manager: Brand Marketing Director
Location: London – Studio Brewery Road & Singer Street HQ
Contract Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Travel Required: No
Who we are
At MADE.com we believe that everyone should have access to great design. So, we’ve taken a unique approach to making and selling furniture-no middlemen, no agents or importers. Instead we work directly with designers and manufacturers so we can offer high-end furniture and homewares at a fair price.
It’s not an easy task – it takes a creative and dedicated team to make it happen where everyone has an important part to play. We combine our individual passions and skills to create innovative work that’s as exciting and unconventional as the business itself. It’s a place where all ideas are listened to, where brainstorming means job titles get left at the door and where a self-starter can really make their mark.
What you’ll be doing
As Head of E-commerce Studio working within the Brand Team, you will be responsible for the smooth running of our E-commerce studio, ensuring good team morale and overall collaboration inside the studio team and with key stakeholders. You will directly manage our Senior Creative Production Manager, Retouch Manager, E-commerce Creative Lead, and E-commerce Sub Editor, whilst overseeing the wider team of 22 across Production, Retouch, Video, Photography, Styling and Copy. This team is responsible for delivering the total e-commerce copy and imagery, which not only drives conversion for our customers but defines the overall brand perception as these are often the highest traffic areas of our platform. We are continually innovating and pushing beyond the boundaries of traditional e-commerce photography and videography, and you will lead this vision.
You will be embedded in the team and integral to driving our studio forwards-with a key focus on increasing the speed/delivery of assets, upgrading the overall brand experience through imagery & copy as part of a brand relaunch, refining the ways of working and operating model ,and scaling asset production for other needs such as performance marketing and social. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for a world-class studio lead who can push for excellence whilst nurturing and developing a large team.
This is your day
- Overall responsibility for the Studio team, including line management of the Senior Creative Production Manager, Retouch Manager, E-commerce Creative Lead, and E-commerce Sub Editor.
- Ensure good team morale and overall collaboration inside the Studio team, as well as with key stakeholders (Design, Buying, Merchandising, Visual Merchandising, Brand Marketing, Social Media).
- Ensure our studio move is smooth and productive for our future needs-with support and delegation from the team. We’re due to move to our new studio space in Brewery Road, London by mid-November 2021.
- Ensure smooth delivery of BAU- as we grow as a business our SKU count will grow as well as need to drive impact in performance marketing so it is important that we increase the speed and delivery of assets while maintaining the same high quality.
- Upgrade the overall brand experience–in particular the pack shots and lifestyle shots on the product detail pages, through imagery and copy as part of a brand relaunch. PDPs are some of the highest traffic areas of our platform and not only help us sell but define the overall MADE brand.
- Incorporate homewares expansion throughout the studio – a key pillar of our growth strategy will be to accelerate homewares, as well as newness, while also providing a range of in-stock assets to performance marketing.
- Maintain and onboard CGI, working alongside the Tech team, to drive studio output forwards – particularly for custom made products.
- Manage budget for production, studios and team.
- Maintain strong communication with the Brand Marketing Director, Exec leadership team and Finance on relevant topics, e.g. budgets, run rates, team, etc.
- Optimise ways of working to achieve the above.
What you’ll need
- Proven track record running a busy e-commerce studio either agency side or in-house, International and multi-market experience is highly desirable.
- Significant team leadership experience.
- Creativity: You’re full of ideas, not precious about any, but can make them happen.
- Customer-centric mindset: You understand how a consumer might react and how to influence them or get them talking about MADE.
- Leadership: you’re a strong manager who can get the most out of your team and remove uncertainty to allow them to perform at their best.
- Proactive: self-motivated and solutions-driven with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Resilience: creative leadership is continual and fast-moving, so it’s crucial you find ways to reflect on you and your team’s pace as well as strategies to manage your own energy. It’s a marathon, not a sprint.
- Strategic: ability to understand how creative decisions impact the overall direction of the brand, and an openness to gain greater consumer insight into creative work.
- Storyteller: Excellent communication, presentation and storytelling skills. Strong verbal and written English is required. Fluency in French, German and any other language is highly desirable.
- Understanding of brand positioning, communications and retail environment - particularly home, furniture and related lifestyle categories - highly desirable.
What we offer
- Great opportunities to make the role your own and get involved with exciting projects in a fast-paced, creative and fun office environment.
- We’re proud of our diverse, supportive company and culture. Our very own in-house Culture Club plans a variety of activities from our annual parties, Friday drinks, social events and more.
- Temptingly good employee discounts on MADE.com (30% for you and 15% for your family & friends).
- 25 days holiday per year (on top of bank holidays), plus an extra holiday day for every year, served up to a ceiling of 30 days.
- We know that flexibility is important. Our Everyday Flex policy enables you to determine your start and finish times, and we’re open to discussing other flexible working arrangements too.
- Free, unlimited access to over 13,000 eLearning courses to support your development.
- We believe it’s important to give back, so we give you one paid day off each year to get involved in any community or charity volunteering activity of your choice.
- Excellent employee benefits including private healthcare (with discounted gym membership), pension, life insurance, eyecare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan to name but a few.
Up your street? Apply for the opportunity to join our growing team in the heart of London!
MADE is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, where all of our employees have equal access to opportunities and everyone’s voices are heard. We respect and value all differences (seen and unseen) and encourage applications from all backgrounds, which will be considered regardless of race, colour, religion or belief, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, pregnancy and maternity, disability or age.