ON is a fast-moving, design-minded technology partner — building compelling and high-impact digital experiences and software platforms. We work with forward-thinking companies that value design and user experience. We’re not your typical agency, and place a heavy emphasis on bespoke, best-fit solutions that are tailored to the challenges that we are solving.
As a rapidly growing business, we’re looking for an engaging, motivated and organised Business Development Manager to join our multidisciplinary team of technologists, designers, strategists and researchers.
Our work spans a wide range of sectors, including MedTech, FinTech, Creative, Venture, FoodTech; with an increasing focus on sustainability through our work with charities, ClimateTech, and AgTech companies.
If that sounds like your cup of tea, we’d love to chat.
About the role
You will be responsible for the planning, direction and execution of business development across ON, to develop and grow new revenue in accordance with company targets.
You will be responsible for identifying areas for growth and specific prospects as well as nurturing existing client relationships to develop business opportunities. You will be a driving force for innovation, and have the opportunity to lead the thinking, education and development of the sales function at ON.
Using a consultative approach, you will become a trusted advisor to our clients. Helping to grow and nurture long-term client relationships through a deep understanding of their business objectives, past projects and future ambitions and be able to demonstrate ON’s capability to deliver.
- Assess and nurture new business opportunities with a strong revenue target in mind
- Develop the new business strategy and pipeline, recommend marketing activity ensuring that the pipeline is in line with the agency goals and revenue targets
- Lead the response to brief and pitching; lead and support the pitch teams
- Develop strategies with fresh initiatives to meet the agency revenue goal
- Work with the delivery team to identify new opportunities within existing client business or contacts. Maintain strong and prosperous working relationships with key clients
- Maintain complete and accurate management information
We place great emphasis on cultural fit and collaboration. The team is filled with interesting and friendly people who are all committed to the same goal – delivering world-class innovative digital experiences and ensuring client satisfaction. It is a flat structure and the team collaborates together, including the founders, who take a hands-on approach in the business. We are looking for someone who is motivated, communicative, and detail oriented.
- 5+ years digital industry experience and knowledge (digital agency experience preferred)
- Proven extensive delivery of complex digital activity (campaigns, content, web and mobile experiences) and technological implementation
- Proven success in winning, delivering and retaining key clients
- Highly polished pitch and presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Expert networking skills to generate new business and relationships
- Ability to develop and maintain strong and collaborative relationships internally and externally
- Ability to work at speed and under pressure
- Strong financial acumen, written and oral communication skills
- Enthusiastic and passionate – genuinely love digital and enjoy solving problems for clients
As part of a fast-growing team, we expect a lot from our people, but also make sure that you have the support you need to deliver and to grow - both personally and professionally. As well as working with a dynamic, diverse and multidisciplinary team, you get:
- A competitive salary
- Access to the company bonus scheme
- 22 days paid holiday per year, plus national holidays
- Remote working as standard
- We’ll provide the latest Apple laptop and an external monitor along with any equipment you need to be comfortable working from home
- Work from home allowance, we’ll contribute to your internet
- Funding and resources to continue professional development
- Additional benefits with each year of service
We have quarterly reviews, and realise the importance of giving people the time and resources they need to develop their skills.
We are committed in our journey to eliminating discrimination, encouraging and valuing diversity amongst our workforce. We welcome enquiries from everyone.