We are looking for a motivated and high-achieving Machine Learning Engineer based in London to join our Product team in building a platform to optimise every business on the planet. This is a full-time placement with significant opportunities for personal development.
We offer an intellectually stimulating environment, work within an interdisciplinary team, and an inclusive culture. We are a high-calibre, mission-driven team building a technology that improves our world.
Roles and Responsibilities
We are looking for exceptional and ambitious individuals to develop our Causal AI platform. You will work as a machine learning engineer in the Product team which is composed of software engineers and scientists. A successful candidate will also be able to showcase broader data science and software engineering skills.
Your focus will be on feature engineering, machine learning, and building causal algorithms for time series using Python, Cython, Numpy, Torch, etc.
The broader application stack includes Python, Cython, Numpy, Torch, Django, Celery, Postgres, Redis, Ansible, AWS, GCP, React and other technologies.
This role is open for candidates of all seniority levels, junior to senior.
Current machine learning approaches have severe limitations when applied to real-world business problems and fail to unlock the true potential of AI for the enterprise. causaLens is pioneering Causal AI, a new category of intelligent machines that understand cause and effect - a major step towards true artificial intelligence. Our enterprise platform goes beyond predictions and provides causal insights and suggested actions that directly improve business outcomes for leading businesses in asset management, banking, insurance, logistics, retail, utilities, energy, telecommunications and many others.
We are committed to addressing the diversity problem in the tech industry, and that starts with making sure we have a team where everyone feels at home and can contribute as a peer.
causaLens in the News
- Best Deeptech Company 2019 - Artificial Intelligence Awards
- ‘Meet causaLens, a Predictive AI For Hedge Funds, Banks, Tech Companies’ – Yahoo Finance
- ‘The U.K.’s Most Exciting AI Startups Race To Scale’ - Forbes
- ‘AllianzGI Taps Virtual Data Scientists amid War for Talent’ - Financial Times
- ‘Machine Learning Companies to watch in Europe’ - Forbes
- ‘Best Investment in Deeptech’ award - UK Business Angels Association awards
- ‘100 Most Disruptive UK Companies’ - Hotwire
- ‘causaLens Appoints Hedge Fund Veteran and Data Leaders to Advisory Board’ - Newswire
- The opportunity to join a fast-growing, agile, and international team passionate about innovation and making a difference
- Competitive remuneration
- Share option scheme
- Pension scheme
- 32 days paid holiday allowance (incl. bank holidays)
- Equipment you need to get the job done (MacBook Pro etc.)
- Good work-life balance
- Opportunities for continued learning and self-development, including courses, conferences and book budget
- Flexible work-from-home and remote days
- Cycle to work scheme
- Weekly journal club and knowledge sharing presentations
- Regular team outings, pizza Thursdays and annual company retreats
- Fruits, snacks and soft drinks in the office
- Amazing, smart, fun and inspiring colleagues, always there to support your ideas, growth and enthusiasm
Our interview process consists of a coding test, 2 screening interviews and a "Day 0" which is spent with the team. Normally the Day 0 takes place on-site but for the time being they will take place online.
We will do our best to transparently communicate the process with the successful candidates.
- Strong academic record (Msc, Meng, Ph.D. or PostDoc preferred)
- Very advanced quantitative skills in machine learning/statistics/mathematics or similar fields
- Development experience in at least one scripting language - preferably Python
- Ability to translate advanced machine learning algorithms into code - preferably Python
- An in-depth understanding of computer architecture is preferable, e.g. C, C++, Cython
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle is a plus (version control, tooling, testing, etc.)
- Highly capable, self-motivated, collaborative, and personable
- Ability to demonstrate integrity and drive
- Naturally curious, creative, and effective problem solver with the ability to come up with ideas to tackle problems on the cutting edge
- An excellent written and verbal communicator with a high level of business acumen
- Ability to effectively work independently in a fast-moving environment
- Ideally, you should be able to work in London or be able to commute. Candidates outside of London who are interested in relocating will be considered.