Kintek is an exciting new UK company focused on providing clients with a wide-range of technology services, delivered to highest professional standard.
We work with a range of clients from start-ups, to large corporations including the NHS, and other public sector organisations. We leverage our teams knowledge of cutting edge technology to devise and implement exceptional IT solutions.
Our culture is informal, hard-working and supportive. Our approach is fast paced, and we are constantly challenging, testing and adapting the way we do things.
We’re proud of what we’ve built so far and are always looking for talented team players who can add real value to the business.
As part of our expansion, Kintek is seeking an eager and intelligent candidate to support our technology deployment (Apple iOS, iPadOS, Android, MacOS) at of one of our large corporate clients sites.
You will be a go-to point of contact for all Kintek related queries, service requests, and incidents. This will involve managing requests, helping our users resolve day-to-day issues, providing clients with new device setups, supporting various IT projects and initiatives, and directly contributing to the success of Kintek.
This is a multifaceted position that will give the right candidate exposure to different areas of the business. The ideal person will be passionate about the latest technology such as Apple & Android products, love to help others, with strong computer based skills and a positive, can-do attitude. You’ll be a key member of our team and you’ll receive training, coaching and support along the way.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to learn valuable business skills and practises, in a scaling, start-up environment.
We are looking for someone who is available to work part-time, for a minimum of 3 days per week, up to 7 hours per day. There may be scope for the role to progress into full-time.
The role will be based at our clients site in Reading.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Technical Expert will support with various areas of the business, including:
- Setting up Apple & Android Devices and configuring them to user requirements
- Meeting with users to handover Apple & Android devices
- Training users on how to use their Apple & Android devices
- Assess Customer Needs - i.e. how the end user would like their iPad to be configured
- Be the first point of contact for answering helpdesk queries related to Apple & Android devices - In Person, via Phone and via Email
- Assisting with new I.T project installations e.g. Digital Signage, Video Conferencing Systems, VOIP
- Respond to requests for service and incidents of service disruption in accordance with agreed service levels (SLAs).
- Provide level 1/1st line technical support in a friendly and empathetic manner, escalating to more senior colleagues and/or leads/managers when deemed appropriate.
- Contribute to our knowledge base with new articles, how to guides, etc.
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent computer based skills and proficiency with Apple products and Google Android mobile devices
- Knowledge of Simple MDM and VMWare Workspace ONE UEM
- Fluent in English, with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Analytical and comfortable with numbers and data
- Ability to maintain composure and customer focus while troubleshooting and solving issues
- You enjoy helping others and resolving problems with patience and compassion.
- You have excellent communication, prioritisation, and time management skills.
- You can make informed decisions quickly and are comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
- You have an aptitude for acquiring new technical skills and an eagerness to learn.
- Able to prioritise and manage multiple tasks, at a fast pace.
- Positive, can-do attitude.
- Pro-active, a fast learner and not afraid to try new things
- Passionate about new ideas, with a keen interest in culture and technology
- Interest in Apple products, Android products and new emerging technology products
- Adaptable and open to a start up working environment
- 27” iMac Computer to work on
- 28 Days Holiday (pro-rated)
- Workplace pension scheme