We are a small, agile team, dedicated to helping the NHS become more efficient and save taxpayers money. The work we do helps health & social care #MakeSense of their spend.
It started with us developing the world's first whole-country product price comparison service. It's now used across 200+ hospitals and covers more than £17bn of spend - and has helped the NHS save over £100m. This is the type of impact our work has and what our team are passionate about.
Since then, we have branched out and are now offering more and varied solutions that make a difference across the NHS. The recent events mean the NHS is more in need of our help than ever before - and we are best placed to support them.
For us to do this, we need to develop our tech stack and rethink how we best provide our analytic services.
We are therefore growing our Engineering team and need forward thinking people to join us. This role is at the heart of how we provide better analytics, faster, to the people who really need it - and ultimately save taxpayers money and drive better outcomes for patients.
Joining AdviseInc means every day you will be making a real difference in the work you do.
We are looking for someone to design and build a new data platform, managing iterative migrations from the existing and moving us to an extensible cloud-based architechture.
You will use best-of-breed tools and services that you will identify, validate, prove-out and implement.
You will be responsible for designing and building new pipelines that take data from a variety of continuously growing and different sources and transforming them into data that will power a new SaaS platform we are developing.
Working closely with the software development team, you will provide them with the rich datasets they will integrate to their applications and services in a highly-performant and scalable way.
As the team grows, it is expected that there will be opportunities for team-leading and/or managing engineers. This may be an option in due course if this suits your career plan at the time - or you can decide to stay technical if that's your preference.
This is a varied, technical role suitable for forward thinking candidates who want the opportunity to build solutions from scratch in a fun, dynamic team. We want someone willing to get stuck in and be part of the team. This isn't a role for a code monkey; we want you to enjoy solving challenges and to be invested in helping the NHS.
Your skills and experience
We would expect strong candidates to have the following:
- Have led the design and development and coded large parts of similar systems at scale and using recognised standards and protocols
- Be confident getting hands-on with Python to process data and automate processes
- Be confident interacting with Databases, web APIs and processing data
- Working level knowledge of SQL (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL), or NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB, Neo4J) and/or experience managing Data Warehouses
- Knowledge of AWS or GCP cloud platforms
- Understanding of CI/CD principles
- ETL - catering for small or large schema differences from c. 100 sources, exception reporting/alerting, automated resubmission/retries / pick-up on failure
- As you will be responsible for designing and building a large part of our core data strategy, it's important that you are confident with being able to evaluate different approaches and make well informed decisions about the direction we should take
- Good written and verbal communication skills and an ability to translate problems into technical requirements and implement a solution
- Take requirements from someone non-technically minded, implement the solution and then explain your solution to a software engineer
- Strong awareness of GDPR and PII compliance
Nice to have:
- A working knowledge of using, or integrating with, Qlikview or Qlik Sense
- Implemented schema source control and/or change management processes
- Supported / worked with a web development team
You will be a good fit for this role if:
- You’re flexible and happy to turn your hand to anything
- You’re curious, proactive and forward thinking
- You’re always willing to learn and to try out new ways of working or thinking from others
- You thrive on working at pace, values and delivers high quality with pragmatic (not evangelical!) use of principles to create well-architected solutions.
- You’re able to communicate and interact with both technical and non-technical team members
This is an exciting, varied role that will allow you to use a number of different tools and technologies. We want someone who is willing to learn and develop; both working and thinking outside of usual boxes.
If you do not fit all the criteria above, but think that you have more that you could bring to the role, then please reach out and let us know.
We can offer you
- A friendly, fun and dynamic team/culture
- Fully remote working
- Competitive financial package which includes contributoary pension scheme, Health Cash Plan and Private Medical Insurance, with access to free counselling and wellbeing services
- 25 days holiday plus option to buy up to extra 5 days
- Monthly company meeting in London followed by drinks and food
- Company away days / overnighters
AdviseInc is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that wants to build a welcoming and diverse working environment. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to ethnic background, race, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or any other non-merit based or legally protected ground.