Business strategy is about building a plan to be better tomorrow than you are today. Getting this right can be the difference between leading the market, and total irrelevance. Kiplot is an enterprise SaaS platform that gives organisations the power to easily plan, prioritise, fund, and manage their portfolio of change based on Lean Portfolio Management (LPM) principles and align execution to strategy.
Lean Portfolio Management today is a painful issue for Executives and their teams, who are flying blind when it comes to knowing whether agile teams on the ground are working to the strategic direction at the top.
Legacy tools in this space (known as PPM tools) are not new, but there is a massive gap in the market that has been created as Enterprise organisation are investing heavily to scale their Agile practices - it's already worth over $4 billion, and is projected to grow by 50% over the next 4 years.
Kiplot belongs to a new breed of enterprise software. Highly visual, easy to use and configure, with executive-ready reporting that replaces pristine presentations created by a "big-four" consultant. Our customers rave about the product and the business outcomes it drives for them. Now we just need to get it in front of more people.
We're a seed-stage company backed by a consortium of angel investors and are on track to raise series A funding next year. Despite being a young startup, Kiplot's platform is already relied upon by some of the world's biggest and best known financial service companies in the UK and abroad.
About the Role
As Business Intelligence Engineer (PSQL) will be the founding member of the solution engineering team at a fast-growing startup. Historically, all customer requests have been serviced by our Customer Success team and we are looking to start building a team of technical and solutions engineers that specialise in solving our customers' ongoing issues and requests to support this exciting next phase of our growth.
This role will be the key point of liaison between technical/super users of our product and the rest of our organisation, whether that is our engineering and product teams to drive customer-centric improvements to our products and/or our customer and account management teams to identify opportunities to further usage of our products and create meaningful commercial opportunities.
You will equally have a mind for getting things done and love to build processes and documentation that will enable scale and growth.
You have a passion for data and analytics. You will be familiar with producing insights from data across multiple systems and you are able to engage with our customers’ business and technical teams to ensure that our software and any customised solutions meet the needs of customers.
You take a consultative approach to problem-solving, always recommending the best course of action for our customers to achieve their desired outcomes.
A typical day will see you:
- Managing technical customer relationships, their queries, and requests through to resolution (via phone, email, internal Kiplot Stakeholders)
- Translate the requirements of customers into technical requests and partner product and engineering teams
- Define and manage a backlog of strategic data-centric improvements
- Develop, maintain, and improve data queries, models, and pipelines for customer solutions with a view to maximising their performance
- Create technical documentation and deliver technical training for customers to enable their self-service
- Set standards and lead on advocating data best practices across our growing organisation
- Automating and simplifying data operations and processes
Skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, Mathematics, or similar related field
- 2-4 years experience with ETL development, data modeling, data warehousing, and applying analytics
- In-depth knowledge of PSQL/SQL
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python, R, C++, Java, Ruby, or similar would be of distinct advantage
- Experience in data visualization tools using Excel, Tableau, QuickSight, Power BI or similar
- Ability to build and maintain solid stakeholder relationships
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise duties
- Experience in working in Agile (SCRUM/Kanban) with exposure to CRM/Service Management tools (Jira, Hubspot, Gitlab)
Why Join Kiplot:
- Competitive salary, £55k - £65k depending on experience
- Early-stage equity/options
- Flexi-working - both hours and location. We’re re-establishing our London office in Old Street as a collaboration hub, rather than a place to work Monday - Friday.
- Screens and other homeworking setups as required
Do I need to meet all the requirements to apply?
Studies by several different sources have shown that, on average, men will apply for a job if they meet 60% of the application requirements. By contrast, women/non-binary people will seek to match a much higher percentage of the requirements before applying.
We encourage everyone to apply and give us a chance to evaluate your skills and experience. We are all learning on the job, and although the listing above has been carefully compiled, we are also open-minded and interested to hear about the value you can bring to the role and Kiplot