Business strategy is about building a plan to be better tomorrow than you are today. Getting this right can be the difference between leading the market, and total irrelevance. Kiplot is an enterprise SaaS platform that gives organisations the power to easily plan, prioritise, fund, and manage their portfolio of change based on Lean Portfolio Management (LPM) principles and align execution to strategy.
Lean Portfolio Management today is a painful issue for Executives and their teams, who are flying blind when it comes to knowing whether agile teams on the ground are working to the strategic direction at the top.
Legacy tools in this space (known as PPM tools) are not new, but there is a massive gap in the market that has been created as Enterprise organisation are investing heavily to scale their Agile practices - it's already worth over $4 billion, and is projected to grow by 50% over the next 4 years.
Kiplot belongs to a new breed of enterprise software. Highly visual, easy to use and configure, with executive-ready reporting that replaces pristine presentations created by a "big-four" consultant. Our customers rave about the product and the business outcomes it drives for them. Now we just need to get it in front of more people.
We're a seed-stage company backed by a consortium of angel investors and are on track to raise series A funding next year. Despite being a young startup, Kiplot's platform is already relied upon by some of the world's biggest and best known financial service companies in the UK and abroad.
About the Role
As Business Development Representative, you will join us at an exciting stage of our growth. Our pipeline is filling fast and the role will be focussed on supporting the management team in converting qualified leads into new deals.
This role will act as the first point of contact during the sales process and will be responsible for driving the key activities required to drive deals to closure.
You are hungry to learn and develop a career in software sales. You have the drive and urgency to get things done and be able to effectively prioritise numerous competing tasks at once. You will have a passion and understanding of the value of software in driving efficiency and will be proactive in gaining an in depth understanding of our products and services to maximise commercial opportunities.
A typical day will see you:
- Preparing sales presentation materials and demos for customer meetings
- Ensuring without absolute diligence that our CRM is up-to-date and chasing internal stakeholders to ensure completion of actions with assigned deadlines
- Creating and executing deal closure plans with prospective customers
Skills and experience:
- 2:1 Bachelor’s degree from a top university
- Microsoft 365 (MS PowerPoint and MS Excel)
- A can-do action-oriented attitude to work
- Experience as a BDR/SDR or other customer-facing role would be an advantage but not necessary
- Experience with using a CRM platform would be an advantage but not necessary
- A keen interest in entrepreneurship and start-ups
Why Join Kiplot:
- Competitive salary, £26k - £32k depending on experience
- Early-stage equity/options
- Flexi-working - both hours and location. We’re re-establishing our London office in Old Street as a collaboration hub, rather than a place to work Monday - Friday.
- 28 days annual holiday
- Pension scheme
- Takeaway Fridays
- Top-end computer
- Screens and other homeworking setups as required
Do I need to meet all the requirements to apply?
Studies by several different sources have shown that, on average, men will apply for a job if they meet 60% of the application requirements. By contrast, women/non-binary people will seek to match a much higher percentage of the requirements before applying.
We encourage everyone to apply and give us a chance to evaluate your skills and experience. We are all learning on the job, and although the listing above has been carefully compiled, we are also open-minded and interested to hear about the value you can bring to the role and Kiplot