Who we are
We started omni to make it easier for dog parents to give their dogs the best chance of a long, happy and healthy life all without harming the planet. Until recently, most dog food has been made from heavily processed meat or worse still, raw meat. Not only do these pose serious health risks to dogs, they are also environmentally unsustainable.
We came together to formulate the dog food of the future using high quality plant-based ingredients without any animal by-products, fillers or chemicals and a fraction of the environmental impact. After over 20 recipe iterations over the course of a year, we managed to create the world’s first plant-based meat for dogs that's 100% nutritionally complete, loved by dogs, healthy and up to 90% more environmentally sustainable.
You will be building out our performance marketing channels to acquire new customers with a focus on reducing the acquisition cost and driving retention to deliver maximum lifetime value. We need to think outside the box in order to gain competitive advantage and to create an effective growth engine that is engaging, finely tuned, and expertly managed. Your role will also entail offline marketing elements including veterinary clinic partnerships, events, pet shop collaborations, flyering and billboards. In the immediate term, the key focus will be building strong and scalable online acquisition machinery. You will be responsible for:
- Paid advertising campaigns on Facebook, Instagram and Google. Activity plans for the month ahead with compelling and thought provoking content, working closely with our marketing agency. You will be responsible for executing the campaigns.
- Management and relentless monitoring of all paid campaigns including optimization, budgeting, and reports.
- Post strategy for social media (including FB, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Pinterest, YouTube etc.) and caption planning for organic content to create an engaging community that captures people’s imagination and promotes virality and attention to stand out from competition.
- Email marketing. Delivery of monthly email campaigns to nurture leads and engage existing customer base. Optimisation of subscriber experience using both email and SMS/WhatsApp.
- Affiliate marketing. Growing sales volume through affiliate networks working on a CPA basis.
- Monthly SEO optimization to include competitor analysis, content led recommendations, backlink audits, and keyword recommendations. Generating content following the SEO findings and publishing articles on the website each month.
- Influencer campaigns planning, implementation and data analytic.
- Offline marketing events including dog open days and brand awareness campaigns in local communities and businesses including the London Underground, train stations and buses.
- Performance reports and account management. Bi-monthly and monthly activity reports discussed with the management team and feeding into monthly and quarterly board meetings with key updates on acquisition marketing. Owning the CAC/LTV for each channel.
- Helping the Head of Veterinary Partnerships build an army of vets to act as salespeople for omni and become an important part of our distribution model.
- A scalable 12 month plan to optimise and grow the omni performance marketing function.
- Targeted CAC/LTV ratio of 3x across all key performance marketing channels, fuelling the acquisition of our first 10,000 subscribers.
- Increasing the bill through rate from 1st order to 2nd for new subscribers. Improving cohort loyalty and conveying the increasing value that being part of the omni community can add.
- Pre-launch campaigns for both our upcoming products to generate a warm list of early adopters.
- CAC reports and data analytics on online / offline promotional events.
Does this sound like you?
- Energetic and enthusiastic individual who wants to be part of an innovative pet-tech startup and likes to work collaboratively in small teams.
- You will be our first external hire and have the opportunity to play a key role in omni’s early development. You will have a huge amount of autonomy to shape the role and will need a strong growth mindset whilst enjoying work in an unstructured environment.
- People person with high charisma who is proactive in bringing new ideas, themes, and people to the table.
- Someone who is customer obsessive and an innovative marketeer through the use of customer insights, data analytics, and marketing automation.
- Someone passionate about pets, the environment and /or healthy living.
- Comfortable with a hybrid of remote and face-to-face working.
What we expect from you
Lots of energy and helping us build a number of early adopters and advocates. You’ll get a strong dose of entrepreneurial action including broader access to our marketing agency, fundraising, operations, supply chain, board meetings, in addition to other aspects of the business.
What you can expect from us
Regular communication with the management team and interaction with investors. Energetic culture and the chance to get exposure to all aspects of building a sustainable pet tech business. The role is a full time member of the foundational omni team and will be mostly remote with plenty of real-life interactions.
Qualifications and requirements
- 2.1 degree and strong academics.
- 2+ years of performance marketing experience, ideally B2C. Focus on pet and/or subscription models is favoured.
- Knowledge and understanding of FB Ads Manager, Google Analytics and Klaviyo.
- Strong analytical skills and data driven strategy development.
- High energy team player who is a self starter, can work to tight deadlines, and is up for the challenge of building a startup from the ground up. Creative and persuasive.
- Natural salesperson.
- Experience presenting to key audiences and stakeholders
Rewards package, perks & benefits
The right candidate will add tremendous value to the business and help us grow. We believe this success should be shared with those who have helped create it. Our offer includes:
- Competitive salary (experience dependent)
- Sales and growth target bonuses
- 28 days paid annual leave
- Flexible hours
- Remote working options with occasional face-to-face meetings
- Equity options (for exceptional candidates)
- Company evenings out and holidays (outside of allocated annual leave)
- ‘Spill’ counselling and support (we invest in mental health and wellbeing)
- Access to free veterinary consultations and pet care prescription writing
For the right candidate we would consider part and full time employment options.