Thanks for checking out our job posting for the role of Head of Product at PerchPeek. You’ve already taken a tiny step towards being a part of our team - huzzah! This is a huge, huge role for us as we scale up & so if you’re searching for a position that will bring out the very, very best in you, read on!
We know that taking your next career step is as exciting as it can be scary. So, with that in mind, we’ve tried to keep our description simple and bull***t free to help you decide if PerchPeek and this role are a good match for you. We’ve tried to avoid using too many clichés but sometimes they sum it up nicely, so you’ll just have to wince and forgive us.
Who are PerchPeek?
Have you ever relocated before? Did you manage to do it without swearing or rolling your eyes at some point in the process? Didn’t think so… That’s because no matter where in the world you go it’s a crazy, chaotic process that’s always time intensive and stressful. PerchPeek was conceived to change that.
We’re at the forefront of changes to the workplace as knowledge workers have greater freedom to relocate than ever before. Over the past 12 months we’ve grown incredibly quickly, launching in 20+ countries, growing from six to forty plus people and raising our Seed round from top European funds.
PerchPeek’s aim is to guide people through every stage of their relocation. Our product is a delightful combination of content, tech, operations & partnerships which work together to make moving simpler, faster, more secure and even enjoyable. We start with helping customers decide where to live and only finish when they are settled into their new home and community.
Here’s a more detailed overview of the Head of Product role:
Our product is a delightful combination of content, tech, operations & partnerships which work together to make moving simpler, faster, more secure and even enjoyable. As you can imagine, making sure all of these pillars work together to create a smooth customer experience is quite a chaotic challenge and so we’re looking for an experienced, ambitious and strategic Head of Product to come in and own the next stage of our product growth. You’ll have ultimate responsibility for both of our main products, the customer facing App and internal facing Operations platform.
More specifically, you be responsible for:
- Product Strategy - you’ll report directly into our CEO and be responsible for producing, leading & refining our product strategy
- Product Roadmap - you’ll be in charge of creating, iterating and executing our product roadmap
- Hiring & Management - helping to hire & manage product managers for our two core products (our Customer App & Operations Platform) and advise on general product workforce planning
- Process development - lead the design, development and implementation of product processes, policies and standards that will help us create excellence in our product development
- Reporting - you’ll be accountable for the reporting and analysing progress towards key product metrics.
- Product collaboration - you’ll be responsible for ensuring that your team gathers sufficient insight both internally (Ops, Content, Tech, Partnerships) & externally (customers, clients) to feed into the product roadmap development
A couple of additional areas to note:
- We are a remote first Company and so predominantly you’ll be able to work wherever you’d like. However, you may occasionally be required (quarterly) for senior leadership or wider team retreats. You’ll also have ability & budget to coordinate members of the company in person should you desire as well
- As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, we want you to contribute to other areas that interest you too. “Think Big’ is one of core values, so you’ll have the opportunity to drive the business forward in areas beyond Product too.
You should join us if:
Our core values align to your own values. These really matter to us, so we need them to matter to you. Before you consider applying, please take the time to think whether you’re ready to commit to each of them every day. You can check them out here.
In terms of the type of person we’re looking for:
- Customer Obsessed: Since it’s our number one value, we wanted to reiterate it here. This is especially important in this role because it’s crucial that you have the customer’s problems at the front of mind when considering how our product can support them
- Product execution: You’ve helped build & scale tech products before and are comfortable in guiding teams to translate vision to reality. A big plus point is if you’ve had experience working within a product that has a combination of tech & operations.
- Strategic: You’re used to thinking long term and experienced with planning & delivering product roadmaps
- Collaborative: You love coordinating inputs from different teams across the business, driving progress and communicating plans to keep everyone who needs to be involved in the loop
- Structured: You’re methodical in your thinking, planning and communication. This role will require exceptional clear thinking & clear communication across the business
- Right & Left Brain Thinker: You can balance logical thinking with a creative mindset to solve problems.
- Curious: We’re looking for the ability and curiosity to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
- Highly effective people management skills & ability to hire superb future perchies. You’ll be responsible for hiring & managing a team of Product Managers straight off the bat
- Strong analytical and problem-solving with the ability to use data to drive decision making around the product
- Leading through others - you’ll be working as a core member of the Senior Leadership team and are comfortable in explaining and getting buy in to your world view
- Comfortable driving large teams & projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to explain complex concepts in a simple manner.
- Natural relationship building abilities and the ability to work with a wide range of people at all decision-making levels.
- If you’ve relocated before, terrific
- Fluent in English, but further languages are a huge plus - the more the merrier as you’ll be managing an international team
We are open to applications from a range of candidates. We are particularly interested in those that have a background in consulting, programme management or business operations.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and representative team. Whatever your gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability - we want to hear from you.
- We provide super competitive salaries and regular reviews
- Company options - alongside the salary, most of our packages include valuable employee options so that you can own part of PerchPeek too
- Unlimited holidays so that when you’re working you’re charged up bringing your all
- Annual £1.4k learning & development budget - so you can get some structured and proactive growth outside of your core role
- Flexible working - Perchpeek is a Remote First company that allows employees to work wherever they feel comfortable. Everyone gets an allowance to ensure their working environment suits them - wherever in the world you’d like that to be!
- Recharge days - take a day off to recharge, no questions asked.
- External mental health support access - because we can’t always all be on our A game and that’s ok.
- Time spent turning colleagues into friends (corny but we don’t care) - Socials, team days and an annual reTREAT
- Will you ever get the chance to lead the product solving an exceptionally challenging problem
- Free stuffed Perchies (parrots) and parrot themed games
- If there’s something else you need support on, we’re open to discussions too
Ready to be a Perchpeeker?
Then please share your CV, as well as a short cover letter. We’re not looking for you to spend hours crafting it, keep it brief, a couple of short paragraphs at most. We just want to hear why you think PerchPeek and this role are interesting and how you think you could knock it out the park - don’t be shy, we’re all ears!
You’ll hear back from us and if you’ve been successful you’ll be invited for a quick phone call with one of the PerchPeek team so we can get to know each other a bit better. Afterwards, if we think we might be well matched, then we’ll be doing a series of interviews with different members of our teams before making our final decision. At this point in time final round interviews are likely to be on Zoom, but watch this space...
We hope you’re as excited to apply as we are to hear from you - Good luck!