Job Role: Marketing Manager
Job Location: Office based in Banbury, Oxfordshire (some flexible working arrangements may be considered for the right candidate)
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £28,000 - £31,000 dependent on experience
The Sound Reserve is looking for a Marketing Manager to join a rapidly growing team in our Banbury office.
The Sound Reserve is a new and exciting music company who want to enhance people’s lives through music and nature. We are just about to launch our free app, which enables users to soundtrack their day through personalised and immersive soundscapes. The revolutionary app combines incredible sounds of nature with a huge catalogue of original, ambient music designed to help with sleep, relaxation, wellbeing and focus.
This is a unique opportunity to introduce our ground-breaking new brand to the wider world and suits an experienced marketing professional who has a proven ability to create and implement customer acquisition strategies across a broad range of platforms.
Whilst the job will take a digital first approach, you must be confident in helping the team plan offline and PR communication strategies to help drive our brand message. We are a new start-up, so it’s important that you’re happy to work at planning, tactical and operations levels. Building and designing strategy and implementing and managing it effectively is a crucial part of this role.
- Generate bold and innovative ideas for growth via paid and owned channels
- Manage advertising campaign execution to:
- create and optimise campaigns
- analyse traffic data and solve problems
- establish, implement and measure the effectiveness of paid advertising initiatives
- Create, track, and conduct analytics reports across multiple platforms to:
- extract key insights for future campaign development and go-to-market strategies
- create proposals and recommendations on tactics to drive adoption and engagement for our mobile app
- Ensure best practice is followed in:
- website management
- cookie implementation
- Always be looking for opportunities to find and reach our audience.
- Extensive and evidencable experience of designing, planning and managing successful digital marketing campaigns
- Facebook marketing (3 years’ experience minimum)
- Working knowledge of PPC and B2C advertising
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics and Facebook advertising
- Experience of using social media in a professional capacity, particularly as a tool for promoting new brands
- Solid experience of A/B web and email testing
- Ability to use a content management system and other tools such as email marketing software or survey software
- Excellent time management and project management skills to plan, prioritise and undertake a demanding programme of work with competing deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills with demonstrable ability to develop new approaches
- Communications experience including content-generation, writing and editing for a range of audiences; planning and coordinating communications campaigns
- Superb ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, including well-developed relationship building skills and the ability to feedback to management clearly
- A creative approach to storytelling and brand building
- Proactive with the ability to work independently, show initiative and the ability to adapt to constantly changing challenges and provide creative solutions.
- A commitment to high levels of professionalism and promoting a culture of excellence, innovation, continuous improvement and high performance
- A flexible team player who is committed to working collaboratively and effectively with colleagues
- A tenacious attitude and strong sense of urgency
- A degree in marketing or related field
- High level of IT skills including in using Microsoft packages such as Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint to produce a range of documents, including presentations, financial data and written reports to a high standard
- Knowledge of the music and/or wellbeing sectors
- Established press and media contacts
As a company, we practice what we preach, which is a celebration of music and nature and their role in helping people feel happy and positive. We’ve built our office in this image and have created a calm and relaxing place to work which includes table tennis, pool table, chillout areas and of course lots of plants!
We also offer numerous company benefits including free lunches, regular company outings and generous learning and development opportunities. We are a young and creative team, and the next few years of business are looking extremely exciting for us, so we are looking for someone very keen to further their career and build a future with us.
How to apply
Please make sure to send a detailed covering letter and C.V. We wish you the best of luck with your application!