Junior Backend Developer
FTE | South East / Brighton / London | Hybrid WFH/Onsite mix
We are a VC backed, fast growing MarTech start-up based in London and Brighton and are expanding our team to capture the significant opportunity of becoming the content platform defining the next generation of marketing technology.
StoryStream has a proven track record in helping Junior Developers accelerate their careers in very short periods, through exposure to cutting edge technologies, internal training and mentorship with senior colleagues.
StoryStream is on a mission to transform marketing by helping brands to build deeper engagement and higher value relationships with customers through authentic and personalised content.
The StoryStream Content Experience Platform makes it easier for brands to manage and deliver the right mix of content to the right audiences at scale, transforming engagement and conversions. The technology is underpinned by AURA, our patent pending AI, that allows for tagging and managing content at unprecedented scale enabling true, multi-channel personalisation.
As the leading content platform in the automotive sector we are working with some of the world’s most recognisable brands including Porsche, Volvo, Mercedes, JLR, Audi, McLaren, Toyota and Citroen who see large increases in marketing engagement and a ROI of up to 10-1. We are now expanding into other sectors and are already working with Sainsbury’s in the retail sector.
We’re looking for a fast-moving and ambitious Junior Backend Developer to join our expanding engineering team. You’ll be working closely with your engineering colleagues, Product Managers and Designers, and helping to push the StoryStream platform forward.
You’ll be coming on board at an incredibly exciting time for the business as we ramp up our growth and build deeper relationships with the world’s most exciting automotive and retail brands.
As Junior Backend Developer at StoryStream…
...you’ll be responsible for helping develop the back end of our Content Experience Platform, as well as the distributed brand experiences used by our customers, seen by millions of people across the world every year.
You’ll be writing internal and external APIs, interacting with third party services, and working out how to maximise traffic while minimising server impact. You’ll be finding out about the latest in cloud computing and working out how it can be used for the benefit of StoryStream. You’ll be head scratching with the rest of the team when a new feature request comes in - what’s the best way to do this? What impact will it have on the rest of the platform?
You’ll be solving problems on a daily basis, and having a great time doing so.
*You will receive mentoring and support from more senior staff to help boost your skills and career.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Working in a mixed discipline Scrum team to develop product features
- Discussing, estimating and planning tasks and features
- Providing proactive suggestions for technical improvements
- Reviewing the code of your peers
- Supporting our Customer Success team with technical questions
- Bug fixing
We think that these factors will help you succeed in this role:
- Some Commercial experience (1+ yrs)
- Experience in Python
- Ideally experience working in a team of engineers
- You are or will be a valued member of Sprint planning sessions
- A pragmatic approach to technology use
- Can take critique onboard in order to improve your craft
- A good communicator, both with teammates and customers. You understand when to ask for help.
- Good at reusing and improving existing code
- Attention to detail
- Self-motivated with an ability to work autonomously
Our Tech Stack includes:
- Docker & Compose
- AWS services:
- Step Functions
- Celery & Rabbit
- RESTful APIs
- Continuous integration and deployment
Why you should join us!
This is an opportunity to join an exciting company at an early stage, and play a pivotal part in our growth story. StoryStream is constantly at the cutting edge of new technology, and you will be a key part of this.
Other benefits to working with us:
At StoryStream we offer a benefits package that rewards hard work and develops you in your career:
- 28 days holiday (24 flex days + your birthday and 3 extra business days around Christmas)
- Flexible working policy
- Training & development opportunities
- Collaborative and creative company culture
- Regular team days out and events
- Potential to join share option scheme
- Private Healthcare through Vitality (after successful probationary period)
- Cycle to work scheme
Get in touch:
Start the conversation by emailing Anney with a CV and any links to projects you’d like to share, along with a short note about why StoryStream is of interest.