Bikmo is an adventure sports technology company, with a simple mission to provide exceptional services that enable our customers to spend more time exploring the great outdoors.
“We are proud to be a BCorp and have clear social and environmental goals that align with our mission as a business. Our team is our most important asset and we invest into and reward our people to help grow and maintain an exceptional culture.”
Focussing initially on insurance in the cycling sector, we now live in the UK, Ireland, Germany and Austria and by utilising sector expertise, technology, a love for the sport and an open approach to data, we've won customers, partners, awards and 5-star reviews. We count the likes of British Cycling, Deliveroo, Brompton, BMW and Bikemap amongst our partners. Our vision is to become as synonymous for what we do in adventure sports as GoPro for Cameras, Oakley for eyewear or Strava for tracking.
We Are Seeking
Someone who has a love for numbers to work as part of our Finance Team with responsibility for a broad range of financial activities.
Sector experience is not required - we're looking for team members who will challenge previously held views of how insurance companies operate, in favour of utilising technology and design to provide an exceptional experience to our customers.
Reporting to our Finance Controller and working closely with the finance team the role requirements include;
- To process accounts payables and accounts receivables.
- To process payment runs and ad hoc payments.
- To reconcile bank accounts and other bank related duties.
- To liaise with suppliers and colleagues in resolving queries.
- To collect and analyse data using spreadsheets and online accounting software.
Skills + Experiences
- AAT Qualification (complete or working towards) or qualified by experience.
- Experience of computerised accounting systems and working with spreadsheets is essential
- Excellent IT Skills
Salary + Benefits
This is a part time permanent role at 18 hours per week, which can be spread across 3-5 days, we are flexible so it is what works best for your work/life balance.
The starting salary for this role is c£21,000 pro-rata, per annum, dependent on experience. Candidate must be UK based.
In addition to the ability to remote work and above statutory benefits, we also offer the following:
- Company Share Options*
- Training budget of up to £500 per year
- 2 ride days + 2 volunteering days per year
- 29 days holiday per year plus public holidays
- Life insurance and wellbeing package from YuLife
- Zero commission Bikmo insurance for you and your bikes*
- Access to Bikmo cycle trade accounts for bikes + kit at trade prices!
- 1 x membership to a sporting organisation/governing body (British Cycling / Cycling UK / Austrian Alpenverein / ADAC etc) up to £100/€120.
Our office space is located in Chester and we offer hybrid working options. We will work closely with you over video calls, screen shares, and Slack to get you into the systems and up to speed on our projects as well as developing a good understanding of our existing systems, our roadmap, and our working expectations.
When applying, please provide a short cover letter to support your application. This should include how your values align with our own company values, for information you can find our mission here, bikmo mission. Please also include a brief summary on how your skills and experience are a suitable match for the role.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to support you through the recruitment process please get in touch with us by emailing: email@example.com
Before You Apply
By applying for this role you are giving Bikmo consent to use the information you provide to process your job application in accordance with GDPR regulations.
Bikmo is committed to create a diverse and inclusive working environment. We stand against any discrimination on the basis of age, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed, disability, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, parental status, religion, belief or non belief, social or economic class, employment status, or any other criteria that cannot be shown to be properly justifiable. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business.