Trilateral Research is a UK and IE-based enterprise, founded in 2004. Our teams include social scientists, data scientists, ethical, legal, and human rights experts who work across the technology-social disciplinary divide to apply rigorous cutting-edge research in developing new technologies while assessing their impact to achieve long-term sustainable innovation.
Our culture is based on delivering high-quality outputs, through our commitment and passion for what we do. We work in an open and collaborative environment where the team culture provides support amongst peers and colleagues. Find out about our people and our culture, and see how our mission drives the projects we take on, the key data protection services we provide, and the technology products and supplementary services we develop.
We are recruiting a research analyst who has experience in interacting with the standards bodies that apply or might apply to privacy, information security, ethics and artificial intelligence
Specific job responsibilities include:
- We would like the research analyst to review the documents emerging from pertinent special committees and their associated working groups of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). Examples are SC27 which is focused on privacy and information security. Another is SC42 which is focused on artificial intelligence and, in particular, on trust.
- The research analyst will determine which documents might be of interest to Trilateral and the various EU-funded projects in which it is a partner.
- The analyst should be able to summarise in two pages the salient points of key documents and whether there are opportunities for Trilateral or its partners to provide an input to the committees.
- The successful candidate will give periodic webinars to Trilateral employees explaining the relevance of particular committees or working groups.
- He or she will also provide comments on documents of particular interest to Trilateral and/or promote new standards.
- The candidate will prepare deliverables for projects and inputs for new proposals. Hence, the candidate will have excellent writing skills.
What you will need to be successful:
The successful candidate should have a PhD or be close to finishing one and already have a good grasp of what the ISO, CEN/CENELEC, ETSI and/or IEEE do.
Location: This position is open to candidates based in the UK
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Fixed Term or Permanent
In return, you get ...
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working options
- Competitive pension scheme
- A friendly and enthusiastic team of experts in the field
To Apply: Please submit both your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, linking your experience to our requirements in order to have your application considered. All appointments are subject to the receipt of satisfactory references.
Applications should be marked specifically as “Research Analyst Focused on Standardisation Bodies“ in the subject email. We will process applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of their age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are a Disability Confident committed and Living Wage employer.
At Trilateral Research, we value privacy and data protection rights. We have a longstanding data protection culture and promote robust ethical standards in data management and research ethics. Please read our Privacy Notice in relation to our recruitment activities before submitting your application to work with us.
For any questions about your personal data, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.